3M is a global science company that never stops inventing. Using 46 technology platforms, our integrated team of scientists and researchers works with customers to create breakthroughs. Our inventions have improved daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Scientists, researchers and marketers work across countries and across subjects to solve challenges big and small.
The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to Clean Agent Fire Suppression technologies including the reason for using it, typical applications and factors to be considered.
- To be able to identify applications where clean agents would be beneficial to use i.e. where business continuity is important or high value assets are to be protected.
- To understand key criteria to use when selecting a clean extinguishing agent fire suppression system.
The Course runs through a number of topics to explain:
- How Clean Agent Fire suppression fits into the area of Active Fire Suppression, How it works and where it can be used.
- What Selection Factors should be considered when selecting a Clean Agent Fire Suppression System including Environmental Sustainability, Human Safety, Speed of Suppression and Space Efficiency.
- Case Studies demonstrating real life applications using a specific Clean Agent (Novec 1230)
Ian Kelsall, Advanced Specialist in Fire Suppression has a background in Chemistry and has spent 12 years working in the field of workplace health and safety and fire suppression products.
Approximately 1 hour
Assessment & certification
Knowledge check at the end of the session and certificate of attendance provided
Who should attend
Fire Engineers, M&E Engineers, Facilities Managers, Architects, Datacentre Designers