CPD Credit: 7 hours, C1 / C2
This course aims to provide participants with an understanding of Best Practice in managing High Voltage Installations in accordance with Irish Legislation and Standards.
To explain compliance with:
- SHAWW Act 2005
- SHAWW (General Application) Regulations 2007 (SI299) Part 3 Electricity
- SHAWW (Construction) Regulations 2013
- ISEN 50110
- SR 61936 (ISEN 61936)
- the requirement that HV installations have been designed, constructed and tested in accordance with applicable legislation and standards.
- Roles and Responsibilities for management and operation of HV installations
- Competence requirements for Authorised Persons
- Assessing the competence of contractors and individuals
- Management of the HV installation and Rules
- Electrical Risk Management and Hazard identification.
- Planning HV works
- the importance of maintenance
- the importance of training and O&M documentation
The course is set out in 8 modules:
- Legal requirements and duties
- Electrical Risk and Hazards
- Design, Installation & Commissioning
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Organisation & Rules
- Operational & Working Procedures
- Competence & Training
Who Should Attend?
- Asset Owners & Managers, Facilities Managers, Consultants and Contractors involved in design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and operation of HV installations.
- Engineers, Technicians, Safety Professionals and Graduates.
Padraig Plunkett is a Chartered Electrical Engineer with 35 years varied international experience in HV Power Systems and Transformers. Padraig is a member of various technical and safety committees including:
- NSAI/ETC/TC 03: S.R. 61936/ISEN 61936 Power installations exceeding 1kV (1.5kVdc) & ISEN 50110 Operation of electrical installations
- IEC TC99/MT4: IEC 61936 Power installations exceeding 1kV (1.5kV dc)
- CENELEC CLC / BTTF 62-3 BTTF 62-3 EN 50110 Operation of electrical installations
Mick O’Grady has 35 years’ experience in ESB having worked in a number of areas across the business including HV Maintenance & Installation, operation of HV systems up to and including 220kV, Protection Specialist, 10/20kV Network Manager/Controller, Safety Services Manager and H&S Manager for Major Generation Projects. Mick is a time served Electrician and holds a H.Dip in the Management of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work and is presently working as a coach in ESB focusing on culture transformation.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org