At South Eastern Regional College (SERC) we understand that your business needs highly skilled individuals to help you innovate and grow. You need to upskill your existing employees and attract talented new staff.
At SERC we can help you to:
Up-skilling existing employees
Developing new products, services or markets
Innovating existing products, services or processes
Employing the right people with the right skills and attitude
This course covers the basics of pneumatic, electro pneumatic and hydraulic control circuits in a complex mechatronic system.
1. Understand what a mechatronic system is, and the inter-relationships of components and modules within a complex mechatronic system with a focus on (electro) pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
2. Understand the role of (electro) pneumatic and hydraulic control systems in complex mechatronic system and subsystems.
3. Understand troubleshooting, maintenance and safety issues revolving around (electro) pneumatic and hydraulic circuits within a mechatronic system
1. Explain the role of various (electro) pneumatic and hydraulic components within a given system or module.
2. Trace and describe the flow of energy in a given mechatronic system or subsystem.
3. Describe the basic physical properties of pneumatic and hydraulic components.
4. Carry out measurements and adjustments on pneumatic and hydraulic components in a mechatronic system.
Brendan Merrigan, Industrial Training Manager has this promotional video on Youtube –
Course will last 4 - 5 days
Assessment & certification
The course is assessed through practical and theory based questions. On completion the student will receive a certificate from the College.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at someone in industry who wishes to upskill.