CPD Credit: 5 hours, C2
This one-day course is designed to give an overview of the current trends and best practices in project management. This practical course is focused on teaching the fundamental project management techniques and skills for organising and managing all size projects.
This course aims to ensure that delegates are more organised and effective in managing projects and project tasks by taking and integrated approach throughout the project lifecycle.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the importance of a structured approach to planning and executing a project
- Understand how to identify different phases of a project lifecycle and the key deliverables for each phase
- Be aware of the recommended best practices and trends in global project management
- Introduction to the generic project lifecycle and the key objectives of each phase of the lifecycle
- Understand the purpose, inputs and outputs of the five process groups: Initiating, Planning, Execution, Control and Closing
- Be introduced to knowledge areas of project management (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement and Stakeholder Management)
- Learn how to Scope a Project clearly by using a Work Breakdown Structure
- Understand the importance of controlling any changes to the Project Scope once it is baselined
- Understand the use logic diagrams and estimating to create a schedule baseline
- Learn how to identify and analyse risks to your project, and place a focus on proactive risk management rather than reactive firefighting
- Learn how apply this learning to real and working exercises based on realistic problems and examples of real projects
- Learn key project management techniques, how and when to use them. Examples of such tools and techniques include Scope, Risk Analysis, Scheduling, Gantt chart, Contingency and Change Control
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of interest to those individuals who seek to gain knowledge and ability in this important management discipline. It will be of importance to all individuals working within a projects-driven company or for those in contemporary organisations that handle projects from time to time. It will be of interest to all those wishing to advance their management careers.
Declan Cunningham is one of Ireland’s top tutors on the subject of Project Management for engineers. He brings more than 25 years national and international experience as a senior-level Project Manager. He completed a Masters Degree in Project Management in the University of Limerick (UL) and now develops and delivers numerous project management training projects with the Centre for Project Management in UL.
- “Very good course. Break-out rooms were very good in relation to simulating group work within a classroom.”
- “Very insightful and allowed me to see what different approaches can be taken to effectively manage various projects, dealing with stakeholders, breaking down different tasks into sub-sections for ease of delegating workload.”
- “Very clear and the instructor was able to make it collaborative despite the fact that the course was held online.”
- “I really enjoyed the course – it kept me very engaged.”
- “Declan is a highly knowledgeable instructor and the session was quite interactive. Breakout rooms were a great idea to get us to think like project managers. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend this course to my peers.”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org