At South Eastern Regional College (SERC) we understand that your business needs highly skilled individuals to help you innovate and grow. You need to upskill your existing employees and attract talented new staff.
At SERC we can help you to:
Up-skilling existing employees
Developing new products, services or markets
Innovating existing products, services or processes
Employing the right people with the right skills and attitude
This course covers the fundamentals of digital logic and an introduction to programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in a complex mechatronic system with a focus on SIMATIC S7-300 and STEP7.
1. Understand the role of programmable logic controllers in complex mechatronic systems, modules and subsystems.
2. Understand the flow of information in the system.
3. Understand and apply troubleshooting, maintenance and safety rules.
1. Explain the role of programmable logic controllers within a given system or module.
2. Trace and describe the flow of information in a given mechatronic system or subsystem with a focus on the control function of PLCs in the system.
3. Describe the basic functions of PLCs.
4. Read, analyse and utilize the technical documents such as data sheets, timing diagrams, operation manuals, schematics.
Brendan Merrigan, Industrial Training Manager has this promotional video on Youtube –
Course will last 4 - 5 days.
Assessment & certification
The course is assessed through practical and theory based questions. On completion the student will receive a certificate from the College.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at someone in industry who wishes to upskill.
Website - Digital Fundamentals and Programmable Logic Controllers