CPD Credit: 7 hours, C1 / C3
Lean/Agile is increasing in popularity and utilisation across different industries. Lean/Agile is about focusing on what you do as opposed to how hard you work. It is a mindset shift from being busy to being effective. Lean/Agile Engineering is of growing importance as it provides the ability to deal and adapt to change in a quickly changing world.
The two Lean/Agile workshops are designed for those working in practical or leadership Engineering roles. They build on Lean/Agile principles which have originated in manufacturing and the communications technology industry and apply them to the Engineering world. Workshop attendees will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement Lean/Agile principles in their working environment.
The workshops are designed to provide participants with a practical understanding of Lean/Agile principles including Flow Efficiency, Continuous Learning, Transparency, Feedback Loops, Resource Efficiency vs Flow Efficiency and the tools required to implement Lean/Agile principles to increase efficiency, productivity, and personal and organisational performance.
Trainer's Learning Approach
The workshop is designed to be practical, and attendees will complete a number of Instructor led exercises both individually and in teams.
The focus will be on the application of Lean/Agile principles, methods & tools to real life work examples.
Workshops will include reflection and self-assessment to encourage self-directed learning/application.
By the end of this programme participants will be prepared to:
- Describe the history and basic underpinnings of Agile and explain what is meant by Agile principles
- Use examples from their own work experience to distinguish between resource efficiency and flow efficiency approaches to organising work
- Illustrate the importance of the concepts of transparency and visualisation to the implementation of Agile
- Demonstrate how Agile tools including Kanban, sprints, SCRUM and Value Stream Mapping can create greater Flow Efficiency in the workplace
- Identify the critical success factors for Agile implementation in their own organisation at individual, team and/or organisational level
- Display an understanding of the behavioural implications for themselves and their colleagues of embracing Agile and working in empowered teams
Session 1: Putting Agile into practice
Short Feedback Loops
- Measurements & Metrics focused on flow of value
- Managing a project based on flow of value
Continuous Learning & Continuous Improvement
- Retrospectives on an individual & team level
- Building a Continuously improving organisation.
Session 2: Applying Agile in a post-Covid world
- Understanding what your customer really wants
- Redesigning processes to meet those needs with minimal waste
- Combining Agile work practices – empowered teams, Kanban, sprints, servant leadership
- Developing personal agility
Other Courses in this Series
Lean/Agile Engineering – Understanding Lean/Agile Principles & Practice
Who Should Attend?
These two workshops will most benefit people in the following roles:
- Project Managers: Exploring modern project management techniques
- Engineers in Leadership roles: Secure the ability to influence and deploy change in your organisation.
- Engineers in Change Management roles: Learn how to design and secure deployment of change within your organisation.
- Line Management roles: Learn how you can develop, empower, and support High Performing teams.
- Middle to Senior Leadership roles: How do you structure your organisation to be truly Lean/Agile? How can you influence your organisational culture to be Lean/Agile?
Michael Murtagh is a Senior Change Leader in leading telecommunications multinational LM Ericsson. He is based in Stockholm and operates from the central operations office. He is currently working in the Digitalization transformation program, focusing on the implementation of the Lean transformation across the full company.
He was previously a member of the Irish management team and was responsible for the Ericsson Ireland transition from a Waterfall based project management approach to a Lean/Agile mindset.
He has developed an accredited course in Lean Financial Services which is currently offered by the Irish Institute of Bankers. He also works with Enterprise Ireland, delivering executive level courses on Operational Excellence and Lean/Agile for SMEs. He delivers an MBA course in Slovenia on Advanced Project Management.
Engineers Ireland supports the Sustainable Development Goals. This event contributes to Engineers Ireland's Sustainability Framework.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com