CPD Credit: 7 hours, C1 / C2
Root cause analysis (RCA) is a methodology used to solve problems at their root, rather than just fixing the obvious. RCA is often equated to a kaizen improvement process, and rightly so, as it often digs into possible organizational change, rather than localized optimizations.
The benefits of RCA are that it uncovers relationships between causes and symptoms of problems, works to solve issues at the root itself and provides tangible evidence of cause and effect and solutions.
RCA is a process that introduces organizational improvements in many situations, lasting improvements and most importantly, a learning process to follow for thorough understandings of relationships, causes and effect and solutions. By practicing RCA, you eliminate taking action on possible causes, and delay a response to the last responsible moment when the actual root cause of an effect is identified.
Organisations of all sizes are increasingly choosing to invest in root cause analysis training so that they can perform better for stakeholders, improve their reputation and continue to expand.
Trainer's Learning Approach
The training is designed to be practical, and the attendees will complete a number of instructor led exercises in the application of some RCA tools and techniques.
This approach is taken with the intention of ensuring attendees understand the application of the root cause analysis tools and techniques in their environment.
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
- Differentiate between Direct and Contributing Causes
- Corrective / Preventative Actions
- Method to construct a Problem Definition
- Line of Sight
- Improvement Cycles
- 5 Whys
- Fishbone Diagram
- Data Display and Sharing
Declan Cunningham is one of Ireland’s top tutors on the subject of Project Management for engineers. He brings more than 25 years’ national and international experience as a senior-level Project Manager. He completed a Masters Degree in Project Management in the University of Limerick (UL) and now develops and delivers numerous project management training projects with the Centre for Project Management in UL.
- Damien Monaghan, KCI Manufacturing: “Excellent. Informative on relevant tools of DMAIC and demonstrated the importance of defining the problem.”
- Amanda Broderick, KCI Manufacturing: “Trainer made it relatable and interesting. Applied real life events.”
- "Very engaging trainer"
- "Excellent delivery, great course"
- "Declan delivered the course very well, had good engagement and made a big effort to keep it relevant to the participants"
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org