CPD Credit: 7 hours, C3
This one-day programme will help you understand the principles & best practices of the negotiation process, how to use a structured approach, and effectively communicate your position.
We all have to negotiate on a daily basis in both our professional & personal lives, as the things we want to acquire, or achieve are commonly owned, controlled, or influenced by someone else. We need to reach mutually beneficial agreements with these individuals in order to achieve our goals. This is the purpose of negotiation, applied either inside or outside the workplace. Negotiation is a skill, and as such it can be learned & developed.
- Achieve an understanding of the principles and best practices of professional negotiations
- Develop a structured approach using a step-by-step process
- Enhance verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Learn how to use and recognise different negotiation techniques and ploys
- Understanding what negotiating involves
- Why negotiations fail
- Attributes of a good negotiator
- How to improve your negotiation skills
- A structured approach to negotiating
- Communication skills (verbal & non verbal)
- Being assertive
- Tips & techniques for negotiating
Phil Kildea is a trainer, business mentor and executive coach with over 20 years training experience. He works with clients from a broad range of industries in the private and public sectors. He specialises in Negotiation & Selling Skills, Management Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Development and Customer Care.
Phil has a very energetic, participative delivery style, and proactively encourages the best from his course participants. He has been successfully delivering Negotiations Skills training on behalf of Engineers Ireland since 2007 helping Engineers to develop and enhance their skills in what is an essential key competence.
He has several qualifications including a Masters of Business Administration Bachelor of Business Studies (1st Class Hons), a Graduateship in Marketing from MII, a National Diploma in Personnel Management, Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Certificates in Training and Continuing Education. Phil is a certified NLPmaster practitioner. He also lectures part time in Business Policy for the Institute of Public Administration.
- Paraic Maher, Lisheen Mine: "Excellent delivery from Phil, very enjoyable and insightful day"
- "Excellent tutor, a pleasure to listen to"
- "Instructor [was] very knowledgeable, active and attentive to [the] needs of attendees"
- "Excellent course, very engaging and encouraging. Brilliant transfer of knowledge"
- "Good material, great delivery and interaction. The trainer made the course very interesting and interactive and created an enthusiastic group"
- "Enjoyed this course, extremely beneficial"
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org