The standard fee per participant is €1,550. Reduced fees are offered for In-Company programmes, and additional discounted rates for private sector attendees can be offered subject to availability.
- Open format: Delivered fully online. These programmes usually run from October/November to March/April of the next year.
- In-Company format: These programmes can be arranged for groups of at least 10 delegates. We offer Online, Blended, or Face to Face delivery options. Please contact us for further information on In-Company rates.
The CPD Certificate programme equates to one TU Dublin module and is delivered on a part-time basis comprising six mandatory module components, approximately one weekday per month, for six months. Each module component is supplemented by a post component assignment. All module components are delivered from 9:30am-5:00pm.
- Essential Skills of a Future Professional
- Time Management & Organisational Skills
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- An Introduction to Project Management
- Innovations in Excel for Engineers
- Technical Report Writing Skills
The syllabus is available to download here.
The unique teaching and learning methodologies that are used during the CPD Certificate programme include:
- Online Learning Management System - Engineers Ireland’s virtual learning environment allows self-paced learning with particular emphasis on materials which can prime participants to get the most from the classroom sessions and then provide exercises, materials, and recommended readings after formal class time.
- Expert Tutors - all tutors have been selected for their industry expertise, their acknowledged contribution to the profession of engineering and/or their unique knowledge at the forefront of a chosen field.
- Team-Based Learning - engineers from organisations of different sizes and different sectors will take part in each class.
- Learning Contract Assignments - these are used to ensure the transfer of learning from each module component to the workplace in a manner that allows for a measurable and verifiable improvement in competence.
If you have any questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Coordinator, Marina Tiribelli:
Phone: +353 1 665 1326
What Participants Say
- “I found the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering programme very beneficial and believe that the skills which were taught throughout the modules will stand to me as I progress on in my career.” Nicole Jinks, Graduate Engineer, ESB Networks
- “I found the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering extremely beneficial and relevant to the work I am doing. I was able to apply the learning from all the modules, in some form, to my day-to-day role. I would certainly recommend this course to all graduates as it picks up on industry related skills that may not get covered in college.” Killian Burke, Business Analyst, DePuy Synthes
- “I found the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering to be extremely beneficial to an engineer just beginning his career. It was particularly helpful to know that other graduate engineers were experiencing the same pressures and asking the same questions as myself.” Colm Hoey, Graduate Engineer, Roughan & O’Donovan Consulting Engineers
- “I thoroughly enjoyed undertaking the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering. All module components were very relevant and helpful to apply to my work to assist in bridging the skills gap from studying to the working environment. Using the SMART format in the learning contracts provided an excellent sense of achievement during their review at the end of the module and I intend to refer back to these for guidance into the future.” Aisling Smith, Graduate Engineer, ESB
- “The CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering has broadened my knowledge of certain topics, helped develop skills in key areas that are essential for developing a successful career and introduced me to new ways of thinking and skills which I will implement on a continuous basis.” Cian Clarke, QC Analyst - Lab Services, Janssen Sciences Ireland
- “I found the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering to be quite enjoyable and I feel that I have taken something positive from each day. The tutors were exceptionally knowledgeable in their respective fields, and each had very impressive credentials to back up their points. Everyone must begin somewhere, and I feel that this experience has been a very beneficial starting point as I begin to develop as a young engineer.” Sinclair Dowey, Electrical Engineer, Smart Grid Solutions, ESB International
- “I found the CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering programme to be thoroughly enjoyable and relevant to my line of work. The skills that were taught during the different module components will be used on a daily basis, both inside and outside of the organisation. I would recommend this course to other professionals who are starting out in their career as it teaches the essential skills needed to be successful in any business.” Vivienne Lynch, Supply Chain Specialist, DePuy Synthes Cork
What Employers Say
- “Engineer’s Ireland’s CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering programme is a great way to equip young graduate engineers with the knowledge, skills and behaviours that we require of Professional Engineers at ESB. The feedback from our graduates, who participate in the programme, is always positive and the programme plays an important part in building broad engineering competency to prepare young graduates for their future career and on towards achieving Chartered Engineer status. The courses are delivered by expert tutors and there is always a high level of engagement which helps to create a strong learning environment.” Colm de Búrca, Engineering Development Manager, ESB
- “Engineers Ireland's CPD Certificate in Professional Engineering forms a key part of our 2-year graduate development programme at Roughan & O'Donovan. Every year, our graduates participate in the programme, and every year the feedback is positive. Well-structured and expertly delivered, it supports our efforts to provide graduates with the best foundation to become well-rounded engineers and boosts their confidence as they make the transition from college to working in a professional consultancy.” Edward Warren, Chartered Engineer, Associate and CPD Manager, Roughan & O’Donovan Consulting Engineers
A PDF brochure is available to download here.