PCCE Training is the primary operation of Paul Condron
Consulting Engineering Ltd. From a background of building services consulting
engineering throughout Ireland internationally, and through participation on
the NSAI Technical committees for both I.S.3217 and I.S3218, Paul Condron has
developed extensive experience in the areas of life safety services.
To provide participants with
an in-depth knowledge of the FDAS Process - Fire Strategy Development; comprehensive
Design Process instruction; Installation;
Commissioning; User and Servicing.
This Theory/Design Course will equip participants with the detailed and structured knowledge to contribute to the Design of FDAS installations.
The correct implementation of the course content will allow successful attendees to develop and demonstrate their competence in all aspects of FDAS installations.
- Foundation Module Fundamentals of Fire Safety
- Review of I.S.3218:2013+A1:2019
- The Characteristics of Fire:
- The Fire Alarm System Process: Strategy/Design Implementation/User/Service
- Detailed guidance on all aspects of FDAS Design: CIEs; Zoning; MCPs; Device choice/placement; Alarm devices and VADs; 3rd party interfaces; Interface Matrix; Extended spacing;
- Commissioning; Cause and Effect; Handover; Training; Service
- Residential FDAS systems
- Limiting False Alarms
- User Responsibilities
- Chartered Engineer, Registered Consulting Engineer,
- 48 years Design Experience,
- 15 years Course Development and Presentation,
- Member of NSAI - I.S.3218 and I.S 3217 Standards Committees.
- Ireland Representative on EN 54 Europe
3 x 1-days over 3-weeks. 09:00 - 16:30 each day
Assessment & certification
2.5 hr written exam on a separate date. Closed and Open-book tests. Designed to level QQI Level 6 (Special Purpose). Certified through MSC - Wexford.
Who should attend
Any parties who wish to gain a thorough understanding of the FDAS process with a strong emphasis on all aspects of Design. Includes Consultants; Fire Officers; Contractors, and large Users.