IMR is Ireland's leading independent research and technology organisation, RTO. All Irish Manufacturing Research’s projects focus on translational innovation projects, in collaboration with industry, to demystify, de-risk and deliver emerging concepts, processes and technologies.
With increasing amounts of data and IIoT technology becoming more and more available, the potential positive impact to companies is more achievable than ever. However, understanding how to identify potential opportunities from this data is difficult if people have not been exposed to data analytics before. The aim of this course is to introduce the basics of information use, data acquisition, data analysis, available tools and common pitfalls.
The course provides a broad view of the extract-load-transform/extract-transform-load processes, explains common approaches for data projects/applications, covers sample sets of different software/hardware tools that can be used in different stages of the process as well as what is required to execute a data project successfully. It also touches on organizational readiness and the skills required for projects that aim to leverage data as a resource.This course could be a good starting point for people that are considering IIoT/data analyst engineer careers as well as people that think their company could apply data science to improve their business but don’t know where to start and what is involved.
Course participants will learn:
What is information and how it relates to data
- What are ETL/ELT data flow processes
- Common problems, fallacies and misconceptions that need to be kept in mind when approaching data project
- Different ways of data acquisition and related challenges
- System architecture, integration, communication protocols and their uses
- Different data analysis techniques and methods
- Software and tools to be used in data acquisition, data analytics, storage, visualisation and application
- Skills required successfully executing data analytics projects
- Organisational readiness and where to get help
Daugirdas Stirbys, IIoT Technologist in IMR, MSc Electronics Systems, BSc Computer Engineering. Researcher with 10 years of industrial and research experience in electronics systems, software development, sensorisation and data acquisition, system integration.
1 Day Virtual Classroom
Assessment & certification
CPD 6.5 Hours
Who should attend
- IIoT/data analyst