LED Group is Ireland's largest lighting company with a global presence and a reputation for first class customer service and products. The ROBUS range of products integrates new technologies with an emphasis on high performance LEDs, focusing on energy savings and functionality. LED Group's core values are that of accountability – we always do what we say we will do, ambition, empowerment, customer focus and fast pace.
Attendees should gain a good understanding of key IOT technologies, their application in the form of a smart lighting control & building automation system and the resulting benefits.
To gain an understanding of the following:
- The fundamentals of IOT and IP network operation
- How IOT and IP technologies differ and the advantages of IOT in creating smart lighting networks
- The potential of lighting as a platform for a network of sensors
- The key role sensors play and their ability of sensors for data acquisition that when combined with software driven analytics can provide valuable and actionable data to businesses.
- The implementation of a smart lighting system
- Humancentric Lighting
- High level operation of data communication and network technologies
- IOT networks and the cloud
- Communication protocols
- Smart lighting
- Features and Benefits of smart lighting
- Smart buildings
- Lighting for health and productivity
- Commercial drivers and the smart lighting market
Jonathan L. Ford, BEng.Hons
Technical Training Manager - At Robus Lighting since 2008
- Project and Design, Specification Engineer at Robus Lighting. Delivered CPD training courses on a range of Electrical Installation subjects to Installers, Wholesalers, Consultants and end-users
- Sales Manager Robus Lighting - Delivered presentations to Installers and Distributors on Led Light Technology
- Cooper Lighting and Safety - Mains and Emergency Lighting, Central Battery & Fire Alarm Specification Engineer
- Cooper Crouse Hinds – Specification Engineer
- Implemented training courses on a range of Lighting, Battery and Fire Alarm performance and Installation subjects to Installers and Consultants.
- W.E Jeffries (Legsun) Electrical Contracting Approved C&G 2391 Installer
Hons Degree in Materials and Engineering Technology Limerick University in 2011
2013 – 2014, Asgard Cleanroom Solutions - Product Development Manager
2014 – 2017, LEDspan – Technical Manager – Design, Technical Support and presentations to clients.
2017– Present, LED Group – Head of Technical & Operations – Presenting to customers on a range of topics and products.
2002, B’Eng Mechatronics, DCU
2003, MSc Computer Aided Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, DCU
2018, Diploma in Medical Device Science, NUIG
2004 – 2005, Mechanical Design Engineer - Marco Beverage Systems
2007 – 2008, CAD Support Engineer - Solid Solutions, SolidWorks reseller
2008 – 2011, Lighting Designer/CAD Technician – DesignLight
2011 – 2015, Project/Application Engineer - Idex Pump Technologies
2015 – 2018, Sales Engineer - Pentair Food & Beverage Systems
2018 – present, RD&I Mechatronic Engineer - LED Group
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
Building services engineer, Contractors, electricians, Business owners, IT managers