LeanTeams’ goal is to help businesses work smarter, not harder. They achieve this by helping you to unlock the potential of the people behind the processes in your organisation.As a result of their lean business training, their expert 1:1 mentoring and their own experiential simulation game, their clients are more competitive, profitable, and have lower employee attrition rates.
LeanTeams have been delivering Lean Six Sigma training since 2006. They have trained and mentored organisations worth over €10 million in financial savings for their clients.
This program provides managers, supervisors, team leaders and key staff with
the Lean tools required for leading a team and empowering them to apply process
improvements throughout your organisation.
In addition to the training, participants will participate in their own
experiential simulation game, and they will assign a 1:1 expert Lean Mentor to
help your employees fully implement the practical application of Lean to your
- Assess an organisation against the 5 principles and 10 wastes
- Define project terms of reference
- How to run a Kaizen event
- The 8-step process improvement methodology
- Assess lead times in a business with Value Stream Mapping
- The 5S approach to workplace organisation
- Control of material or information with Kanban
- Reduce changeover or critical time windows with SMED
- Define standard practice with Standard Work
- Ensure better efficiency with Asset Care programme
- Mentor Session 1 : Course Preparation and Project Selection
- Lesson 1: The 5 Principles of Lean – Defining Customer Value, The 10 Wastes
- Lesson 2: Business Simulation – Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Lesson 3: Business Simulation – Kaizen
- Mentor Session 2: Project Charter & Supporting Data
- Lesson 4: Business Simulation – 8-Step Problem-Solving
- Mentor Session 3: Kaizen & Countermeasures
- Lesson 5: Business Simulation – Value Stream Mapping
- Mentor Session 4: Value Stream Mapping
- Lesson 6: 5S Workplace Organisation & Kanban
- Mentor Session 5: 5S & Kanban
- Lesson 7: SMED
- Lesson 8: Standard Work
- Lesson 9: Asset Care
- Mentor Session 6: SMED & Asset Care
- Mentor Session 7: Project Evaluation & Standardisation
- Mentor Session 8: Project Evaluation & Standardisation
- Lesson 10: Final Project Presentations
Steve Halpin has a background in engineering and has worked in Operations Management roles for multi-national corporations for over 20 years.He is also Chairman of the Dublin Lean Network which was set up to bring businesses of all sizes and industries together to share Lean business ideas and best practices.
is run over 12 weeks consisting of 10 online training sessions each one themed
around a process improvement tool and is supported by 8 expert 1:1 mentor
Assessment & certification
Sigma Green Belt
and successful participants receive a QQI Award NFQ Level 5.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, team leaders and key staff involved in process improvement across any industry.