Pilz is a renowned international provider of services for the compliance and safety of machinery, offering a range of professional safety consulting and engineering services that enables companies comply with statutory regulations and achieve planned safety goals. We provide a range of training courses aimed at helping Management, Technical, Health and Safety personnel understand the fundamentals of machinery. Our training courses deal with the regulations and standards relating to machinery.
To introduce delegates to the fundamentals of both ATEX Directives 1999/92 EC and 94/9/EC. Focus is on obligations, procedures and practical measures to be followed for plants in an ATEX environment.
This training deals with the requirements to be considered when specifying, commissioning, operating or maintaining plants in an environment where potentially explosive atmospheres may form.
- Key obligations of Legislation
- Steps to be taken to achieve compliance
- TEX Rules
- General workplace fire precautions
- Fire Explosion Hazards and Risks
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Ignition risk and control of ignition sources
- Explosion Protection Methods
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, the participants will:
- understand the regulatory factors governing ATEX classification
- understand the markings mandated for specific areas
- understand the typical technical and organisation measures to plan and implement work in a hazardous area, including control of ignition sources
- understand Management of Change procedures in an ATEX environment
As a Senior Process Safety Engineer with Pilz for more than 3 years and over 15 years in the process industry, I have extensive experience in process safety consulting and process safety system design and implementation. During this time, I have delivered many process related services safety projects at an international level across a large number of industry sectors.
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
- Production and Technical Management
- Technical Personnel in Engineering, Maintenance, and Laboratories and Plant Operators
- Technical Plant Operators