1 Semester Programme
CPD Credit: 60 hours, C1 / C2 / C3
In partnership with:
The last twelve months has seen a rapid acceptance of technology as a key enabler for businesses to survive and scale. The challenge faced by the majority of decision makers is attempting to understand which of the technologies will beneficially impact their business and deliver value to their bottom line.
- Are you unsure and hesitant about investing in technology?
- Would insights and help in understanding those technologies be of interest to you?
- Do you want to avoid losing competitive advantage or being slow to adjust to the new business world post Covid?
You are not alone. In partnering with Engineers Ireland and the National College of Ireland the opportunity now exists to prepare for the future.
Why Study This Programme?
To remain competitive and take advantage of market opportunities, professionals, managers, and decision makers can gain deeper knowledge of newly appearing technologies and how they can be applied in their business models.
This online Certificate in Digital Emerging Technologies will give you a better understanding of new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cybersecurity amongst others, to empower you to make better business decisions while adding new knowledge to your individual learning portfolio.
The course is taught over one semester and is delivered completely online through both synchronous and asynchronous directed activities using state-of-the-art technologies and teaching techniques to support the virtual classroom.
The online Certificate in Emerging Digital Technologies is a 1 Semester 20 ECTS course.
Core Modules (20 ECTS):
- Emerging Digital Technologies (10 Credits)
- Digital Business Transformation (10 Credits)
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of emerging digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Blockchain, FinTech, Robotics, Cloud Computing and, Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality.
- Working and practical knowledge of emerging digital technologies and their potential application in the workplace, including specialised knowledge across a variety of emerging digital technologies.
- Learning skills that support them to develop a deeper knowledge of the impact and applications of emerging technologies.
- The ability to investigate and analyse emerging digital technologies, to exercise creative or conceptual skills, to plan and design concepts, to apply emerging digital technologies to business domains such as products, services, operations or processes.
- Enhanced communication, presentation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
A minimum of a Level 6 qualification on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) is required for standard entry. For candidates who do not meet this minimum entry requirement, the college operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered based on relevant work or other experiences.
Candidates must be working in private or commercial semi-state organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Who Should Attend?
The programme is aimed at non-computing professionals as well as IT professionals who are looking to develop their competence in emerging digital technologies. All candidates must be working in private or commercial semistate organisations in the Republic of Ireland to avail of the part funded fees.
Please see ICT Skillnet Terms and Conditions
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com