CPD Credit: 4 hours, C1
This course is designed to provide clients and those working with them on construction projects with an understanding of the legal obligations placed on them by the Safety Health & Welfare (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Construction accidents and incidents effect on clients
- Client involvement in driving safety in construction
- Accident case studies and effects
- Measures clients can adopt to ensure safety is prioritised on their projects
- Overview of the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Duty holders:
- Role of the Client
- Role of Designers
- Role of the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP)
- Role of the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
- Role of the Contractor
Appointment of Duty Holders
- Assessing Competency prior to making appointments
- Assessing Health & Safety Resources prior to making appointments
- Making formal appointments of duty holders
- Notification of projects to the Health & Safety Authority
Co-operating with Project Supervisors
- Clients cooperation with the PSDP
- Clients cooperation with the PSCS
- Supplying necessary information to the project supervisors
The Safety File
- Understanding the use of the safety file
- What items should be included in the safety file
- Who is responsible for creating and issuing the safety file
- Ongoing management of the Safety File after the works have been completed
Participants will understand the following key areas in relation to the role of Clients in construction projects:
- Legal roles and responsibilities of the Key Duty Holders
- The role of the client as defined within the construction regulations 2103
- Assessing competency prior to the appointment of duty holders
- How to appoint project supervisors
- What is expected of the Client in relation to cooperation with the PSDP & PSCS
- What is a safety file and how will it benefit the client
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for persons operating in the role of client or working on behalf of clients on construction projects:
- Clients involved in construction or maintenance projects
- Clients procuring construction or maintenance services
- Out of state Clients engaging in construction projects in Ireland
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course, however persons acting in the role of Clients or working with Clients involved in construction projects would benefit most from attending this course.
- "Excellent delivery and content"
- "Interesting and relevant. Practical application useful"
- Tom Birney, T. Birney Engineering Services: "Excellent course, well delivered by a highly experienced and interactive trainer"
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org