CPD Credit: 6.5 hours, C4
This course will provide you with the tools to help win public sector contracts and enhance your ability to win private sector contracts. It will provide an overview of the public procurement guidelines published by the Office of Government Procurement. The course will provide an overview of marking schemes and how your firm can best meet the criteria for contract award.
Having learned the rules of the game, it is important to look at what your company can do to improve its potential for success in a tender. The skills in putting together winning bids and proposals is critical to the success of any business and delegates will have the opportunity to develop these skills. Read sample request for tenders and learn how to devise winning answers.
You will learn how to describe your company in your tender responses. Learn from one of Ireland’s leading bid consultants, with over fifteen years’ experience in helping engineers win valuable contracts.
To improve delegates’ opportunities in winning public sector contracts.
On completing this programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the regulations governing public procurement
- Have the skills required to put winning bids and proposals together
- Understand the technical aspects of assessment criteria and the typical answers required
- Be prepared for the process of managing bids and proposals within their companies
- Detailed analysis of the new public procurement regulations
- Overview of award criteria and questionnaires used by contracting authorities
- Demonstrating technical capability and methodology
- Selling your proposed personnel for the contract
- Demonstrating your compliance with quality, environmental and health and safety requirements
- Managing the process within your company
- Procurement trends
- Future tender opportunities
Who should attend?
Company Profile: Private Companies seeking public sector contracts
Delegate Profile: Any individual interested in public sector contracts
Erica Lund has over 25 years of international technical and marketing experience in consulting and professional services. With an engineering background, Erica specialises in procurement, providing clients with advice and support to respond effectively to pre-qualification requests and tender proposals. She has 15 years’ experience in her current role of marketing, communications and business development in Ireland, Europe, and the Middle East.
Erica currently leads the development and production of proposals and marketing materials, such as compliant prequalification documentation, winning proposals, and tenders along with compelling presentations. She supports preparation of client-focused business plans, intelligence gathering and capture planning, along with facilitating strategy and storyboarding meetings; provides review and analysis of requests for qualifications and proposals to assure responsiveness; manages entire procurement life cycle; and ensures deliverables align with internal brand standards and client requirements.
- "Wide range of examples and hard copies for us to see and talk about"
- "Good interactive group exercises"
- "Very much in line with what I was looking for"
- "Very interesting and well delivered"
- "Very enlightening"
- "I feel that I have a better understanding of the areas my company needs to concentrate on. Bid folder will be put together"
- “Erica was excellent and very knowledgeable on the subject. She was also willing to share her previous experience on a topic that is usually guarded by most people, so it was very helpful and insightful.”
- Michael Mangan, Reltec: "Very informative and comprehensive. Liked the group interaction"
- Alan Storey, VA Technology: “Very interesting, it gave me insight into the public tendering system in Ireland”
- Carrie Poettcker, ByrneLooby: “Erica is a very good presenter, her experience is evident, and she has an engaging and approachable manner. With 17 years’ experience in tendering, I am still looking to improve my skills and capabilities. I found this session valuable and appreciate the opportunity to attend.”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org