STEPS is here to support you in planning your secondary school Engineers Week activity. This page contains all the information that you need to get involved with STEPS Engineers Week 2022.
There are four steps to getting involved in STEPS Engineers Week:
Further webinars will be taking place in January 2022, with registrations opening in Winter 2021. Sign up to the STEPS mailing list to hear when training booking goes live.
STEPS Engineers Week activities should show off what engineering is to young people. This is the only requirement from STEPS – otherwise the sky is the limit!
Do you need any activity idea? STEPS has collated a list of activities suitable for secondary school audiences that you might like to carry out. These can be found below.
If you have another engineering activity in mind, that’s great! Please do feel free to go ahead with your own activity.
You can carry out the same activity each year, you are under no obligation from STEPS to come up with something new each year.
Here is a selection of suggested activities and resources that the STEPS team have gathered:
Registrations will go live in the coming months.
Register Your Activity for these five key benefits, only available to STEPS Engineers Week 2022 Registered Activity Organisers:
1. Receive access to the Certificate of Participation to share with your students
2. Receive access an exclusive STEPS Engineers Week 2022 Digital Promotional Pack to help promote your activities.
3. Potential to be included in regional press releases and photographer
4. Increase the pool of skilled workers in Ireland by combining efforts with industry nationwide, raising the profile of engineering opportunities available among young people.
5. Help STEPS to carry out an impact analysis that we can use to help influence policy, decision making and apply for funding.
Now is the time to shout about your STEPS Engineers Week Activity and communicate your success! Share an update of the activity with your network. Write a blog post for your website, create a video, update social media, circulate an internal email - all to showcase your involvement in STEPS Engineers Week.
Make sure to tag us and use our special hashtag #STEPSEngineersWeek and tag us:
Registered activity organisers will receive a Digital Promotional Pack to help promote your activities. The pack includes:
As an activity organiser it is critical for you and your students to evaluate your STEPS Engineers Week experiences, so we can analyse the positive impact of all your hard work.
You can do this via our online evaluation or via a printable evaluation sheet. STEPS will email this to all registered activity organisers in the lead up to STEPS Engineers Week 2022.