At South Eastern Regional College (SERC) we understand that your business needs highly skilled individuals to help you innovate and grow. You need to upskill your existing employees and attract talented new staff.
At SERC we can help you to:
Up-skilling existing employees
Developing new products, services or markets
Innovating existing products, services or processes
Employing the right people with the right skills and attitude
This course covers the basics of mechanical components and electrical drives in a complex mechatronic system. Students will learn the basic functions and physical properties of mechanical components.
Upon completion of the course, students should:
1. Understand the role of mechanical components and electrical drives in complex mechatronic systems, modules and subsystems.
2. Understand the flow of energy in the system.
3. Understand troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and safety issues revolving around mechanical components and electrical drives within a mechatronic system.
1. Explain the role of various mechanical components within a given system or module.
2. Trace and describe the flow of energy in a given mechatronic system or subsystem.
3. Describe the basic physical properties of mechanical components including materials, lubrication requirements and surface properties.
4. Carry out adjustments on mechanical components in a mechatronic system.
5. Apply safety rules while working on the system.
6. Transfer the knowledge learned from one system to another.
Brendan Merrigan, Industrial Training Manager has this promotional video on Youtube –
Course will last 4 - 5 days
Assessment & certification
The course is assessed through practical and theory based questions. On completion the student will receive a certificate from the College.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at someone in industry who wishes to upskill.