Future engineers must be equipped with the skills to take on global challenges, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and to succeed in a connected, digital world.
On Wednesday, October 30, Engineers Ireland is hosting a conference to address these future engineering skills, academic standards and graduate mobility.
Conference attendees will share ideas on engineering education and shape Engineers Ireland’s accreditation process.
Conference speakers include:
• William Beausang, Department of Education and Skills
• Ulrika Lindstrand, Sveriges Ingenjörer (Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers)
• Prof Mike Murphy, European Society for Engineering Education
• Brian Lahiff, Association of Consulting Engineers of Ireland/Garland
• Marguerite Sayers, Engineers Ireland
• Prof Aoife Ahern, University College Dublin
• Una Beagon, Technological University of Dublin
• Maria Kyne, Limerick Institute of Technology
• Darren Carthy, Technological University of Dublin
• Damien Owens, European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education & International Engineering Alliance
• Alan Spillane, Limerick Institute of Technology
This conference will be of interest to engineering educators, learning and development professionals, engineering managers and policymakers.
To view the programme and book your place, please visit: http://engineersireland.ie/cpd-training/cpd-training/training-calendar/2019/october/engineering-education-future-skills,-standards-and.aspx