CPD Credit: 6 hours, C1
The aim of this workshop is to equip mentors with the knowledge, understanding, and practical skills to become highly effective mentors. This interactive workshop will provide applicable tools and a practical approach to enable mentors to begin meeting with mentees right away.
Mentoring has been proven to increase the recruitment, retention and satisfaction of personnel, to accelerate development and increase capability in a dynamic, competitive and global market. It also supports a range of other development programmes including Wellness and Resilience programmes.
The Mentoring for Professional Development workshop trains mentors by building awareness of the role and the key mentoring skills required to be an effective mentor. This one-day workshop, now delivered online, is a combination of lecture, workshop, visual aids and practical application including ample scenario exercises.
This workshop will provide you with:
- An excellent understanding of mentoring theory
- The core skills for effective mentoring
- A complete toolkit for mentoring meetings
- Confidence to begin mentoring
The workshop includes:
- Introduction to formal mentoring
- Mentoring as a strategic fit
- Differences between mentoring and other interventions such as coaching and counselling
- Competency based learning and development for enhanced performance
- Mentoring and Behaviours
- Adult Learning Theory and Adult Learning Styles
- Core skills of an effective Mentor including Building Rapport, Active Listening and Powerful Questions
- How to mentor in a virtual space
- 4 ‘O’ Mentoring Model
- Reviewing the mentoring relationship
- A comprehensive range of interactive real play scenarios
- Cross-cultural mentoring
- Specifics of the Mentoring Programme in your own organisation
Who Should Attend?
- New mentors or existing mentors refreshing their skills
- Management teams who need to understand how to tie mentoring to strategy
- Those responsible for the development and coordination of a company mentoring programme
Suzanne Flynn is an experienced Consultant, Facilitator and Executive Coach with a proven track record across multiple sectors. As the facilitator for Engineers Ireland Effective Mentoring Programme, Suzanne has trained Mentors across Ireland, the UK, USA, South Africa and South America. With professional qualifications in HR, Learning and Development, Coaching and Instructional Design, Suzanne has delivered consultancy and training to many organisations. Suzanne has more than twenty years’ experience as a HR Consultant, Learning and Development Professional and Facilitator, designing, developing and delivering a diverse range of courses and programmes.
Suzanne is a trainer with a very energetic, participative style, and an approach that has an unmistakable common-sense appeal. She specialises in Cross Cultural Mentoring, Mentoring for Diversity and Inclusion, Coaching Conversations, Implementation of Coaching Models, Emotional Intelligence, Management and Leadership Skills and Personal Development.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com