CPD Credit: 6 hours, C3
This course will explore some of the key challenges and practical considerations when we have to lead and manage others remotely. Many refer to the current work environment as the “new normal”, perhaps we should consider how we will manage in the “next normal” as work arrangements continue to evolve beyond the current crisis. This course will be of benefit to managers, leaders and professional engineers who wish to be as effective as possible in the “next normal”.
The next normal
- What has worked well so far in Working From Home (WFH)
- What hasn’t worked so well and why? What is at risk?
- What will the next normal look like? Return to work? WFH? Hybrid?
- How different personality types are adjusting and coping with WFH?
- A new “situational leadership” model?
- How managers and leaders are coping
Leading in the Next Normal
- Getting the right balance on Task & People focus
- Using your Emotional Intelligence in a digital world
- Managing your own welfare as a remote manager
- Your “duty of care”
- Strategies for ensuring well being
- Promoting connection, community, and collaboration
Managing Performance in a Virtual world
- What’s changed in Performance management?
- Checking up or Checking In?
- Setting Expectations and accountability
- FeedForward & Development Focus
Practical Online Skills
- Using technologies appropriately
- Agreed protocols for Meetings, 1:1’s
- Best practice – courtesy and professionalism
Participants will be able to harness their management competencies to best meet their individual, team and organisation’s objectives and succeed as managers.
Who Should Attend?
This programme will benefit any engineer in a management position.
Ciaran O'Reilly qualified as an engineer in 1981 and gained C.Eng. in 1985. His career spans many engineering disciplines, including automotive, adhesives technology, high tech manufacturing and biopharma. His career started as an engineer, then technical supervisor, engineering manager and technical director. In those later roles many of his team were located globally where “remote management” became the norm. For the last decade he has focussed on developing the skills of emerging managers using best practice experiences from world class organisations. In the last year he has been facilitating learning and development on a global scale exclusively online, putting into practice use of remote working technologies.
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com