CPD Credit: 7 hours, C4
This one-day programme will assist delegates in delivering a quality service to their clients. In particular it will enhance their understanding and ability to deal with those clients who they find most challenging.
- Gain a clear understanding of what providing excellent service to their clients involves; and the need for them to be focused on being Client Centric in their roles.
- Further develop their communication skills in order to better understand their client needs and expectations; while enhancing their ability to manage and set these expectations with clients.
- Be able to Identify the Moments of Truth in their client’s interaction with them.
- Understand how to deal with clients in an assertive action orientated manner, focused on what can and will be done for them rather than negatives; ensuring clients feel valued and understood.
- Explore and refine a range of essential verbal & non-verbal communication skills. Together with effective approaches to enrich questioning and listening skills.
- Gain an understanding of the different Social types of clients and be able to use this knowledge to adapt their approach to ensure the effectiveness of their communication.
- Understand a range of options for dealing with challenging situations where client’s behaviour is aggressive and demanding; leading to potential conflict.
The training day will consist of trainer presentations, group and individual work, discussions, role play, learner presentations, Q & A sessions.
The trainer, Phil Kildea, will create a safe yet challenging, interactive learning environment where attendees will be encouraged to get involved and participate to their level of comfort. Topics will be presented in a realistic and practical manner making it easier for learners to transfer and avail of new approaches in their workplace.
Learners will be given time and encouragement to complete a provided action plan template. All attendees will be provided with a workbook, copy of slideshows, role-play worksheets, and action plan templates.
Programme topics include the following:
1. Client Focus
- How can we influence client perceptions?
- Examining why people behave the way they do in different circumstances
- What competencies are required to effectively deal with challenging clients?
2. Client Contact skills
- Verbal & Non-verbal communication skills
- Questioning & Listening skills
- Dealing with clients’ feedback both complaints & compliments
- Interacting with clients face to face and by phone
3. Dealing with Challenging, Aggressive and Conflict situations
- Understanding Client Behaviour & Ploys
- Using a structured planned approach
- Approaches to defuse & deal with aggressive and other difficult situations
- Understanding the different approaches to dealing with conflict
Phil Kildea is a trainer, business mentor and executive coach with over 20 years training experience. He works with clients from a broad range of industries in the private and public sectors. He specialises in Negotiation & Selling Skills, Management Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Development and Customer Care.
Phil has a very energetic, participative delivery style, and proactively encourages the best from his course participants. He has been successfully delivering Negotiations Skills training on behalf of Engineers Ireland since 2007 helping Engineers to develop and enhance their skills in what is an essential key competence.
He has several qualifications including a Masters of Business Administration Bachelor of Business Studies (1st Class Hons), a Graduateship in Marketing from MII, a National Diploma in Personnel Management, Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Certificates in Training and Continuing Education. Phil is a certified NLPmaster practitioner. He also lectures part time in Business Policy for the Institute of Public Administration.
- Martha Flynn, Jones Engineering: “Exceeded expectations”
- Noel Whelan, ERTO: “Excellent course. Well-presented and very engaging content”
- Peter Bryant, Kwik RC Frames LTD: “Excellent course delivered by somebody who is clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do”
- “Very engaging. Excellent instructor”
- “Very good delivery”
- “Very good. The Zoom format worked well”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com