Key points of the policy
1. You should undertake a minimum of 35 hours CPD per annum to maintain and develop your professional knowledge, skills and expertise.
2. It is essential you benefit from the activities and that they enable you to meet your learning goals.
3. There is a wide variety of activities that count as CPD including work-based learning, courses, self-directed learning and so on.
4. CPD activities do not have to be provided or accredited by Engineers Ireland.
5. The CPD cycle runs from 1 January to 31 December each year.
6. This policy applies to all non-student members with exception of those unable to meet the CPD requirement. Exemptions include retirement, maternity leave, parental leave, sabbatical leave, long-term illness, carer’s leave or unemployment.