The Faculty of Engineering at IT Carlow consists of two academic departments: the Department of Aerospace, Mechanical & Electronic Engineering and the Department of Built Environment & Extended Campus. The Faculty has a long tradition of higher education programme delivery across a broad range of engineering and engineering related discipline areas, all of which contribute to the dynamic nature and diversity of the faculty. All Extended Campus programmes blend academic theory and practical experience allowing the learners to acquire the necessary knowledge, skill and competencies.
The aim of this programme is to help senior leaders to improve leadership effectiveness across all levels of an organisation and to implement sustained change.
Learners will be able to:
• Apply recent developments in the behavioural sciences to identify the hidden drivers of individual and organisational as key influences on the effectiveness of any organisation.
• Analyse the type of culture prevalent within an organisation and the likely effect it is having on productivity.
• Formulate strategies for implementing a culture change process.
• Initiate changes needed to improve leadership effectiveness across all levels of an organisation.
• Developing Leadership: Understanding role of the leader and developing leadership at all levels of the organisation.
• The Neuroscience of Leadership: Utilising the latest research to improve leadership performance across the organisation.
• The High-Performance Culture: Strategies for enhanced engagement & performance.
• Leading for Sustained Change: Developing people and methodologies for innovation.
Mick O'Brien currently lectures on a range of programmes up to and including NFQ Level 9 in Leadership and Organisational Change, specialising in the application of research in the Behavioural Sciences to provide effective leadership at different levels throughout an organisation.
A former Army Officer, he has experience in senior management positions and has delivered training to clients at the highest level within the Public and Private sector.
Four days with self study.
Assessment & certification
Continuous Assessment through completion of Assignments
Who should attend
The programme is suitable for senior managers wishing to improve their own leadership and leadership across their organisation.