At South Eastern Regional College (SERC) we understand that your business needs highly skilled individuals to help you innovate and grow. You need to upskill your existing employees and attract talented new staff.
At SERC we can help you to:
Up-skilling existing employees
Developing new products, services or markets
Innovating existing products, services or processes
Employing the right people with the right skills and attitude
This course covers the basics of electrical components in a complex mechatronic system. Preventive maintenance and safety issues for electrical components within the system will be discussed.
1. Understand what a mechatronic system is, and the inter-relationships of components and modules with a system.
2. Understand the flow of energy, mass and information in the system.
3. Understand the role of electrical components in complex mechatronic system and subsystems.
4. Understand troubleshooting, maintenance and safety issues within a mechatronic system.
1. Describe what comprises a mechatronic system or module.
2. Explain the role of various electrical components within a given system or module.
3. Trace and describe the flow of energy in a given mechatronic system or subsystem.
4. Describe the basic physical properties of electrical components.
5. Read, analyse and utilise the technical documents such as data sheets, timing diagrams, operation manuals, schematics, etc. for a mechatronic system
6. Apply safety rules while working on the system
Brendan Merrigan, Industrial Training Manager has this promotional video on YouTube –
Course will last 4 - 5 days.
Assessment & certification
The course is assessed through practical and theory based questions. On completion the student will receive a certificate from the College.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at someone in industry who wishes to upskill.