Hanley Energy Ltd is a dynamic, Irish-owned and managed company specialising in the design, supply, installation and support of customised energy monitoring, critical power and data center control solutions for a range of Irish and International clients. In this way, we help our clients to reduce energy costs, ensure 100% up-time and maintain competitiveness.
Our approach is to develop partnerships with clients, ensuring excellent delivery coupled with cost-effective technology solutions.
The course aims to provide the audience with a comprehensive overview of the standard and how it should be used as an energy management model, whether ISO50001 accreditation is being sought or not.
The audience will learn:
- The history of ISO50001 and how it evolved from earlier standards.
- Awareness of the central ideas of ISO50001
- To offer support in the development of systems and processes which improve energy efficiency
- Systematic energy management leads to: Reduction of costs and Greenhouse gases
- Develop a corporate energy policy
- Define aims and processes
- Take into account necessary measures to improve output
- Success is only attainable with support of all departments
The Origin of ISO50001 & Central Ideas , Benefits of Implementation, Terms & Definition in the Standard, Plan - Do - Check - Review, Structure Overview, Role of the Energy Team, Typical Motivations and Stumbling Blocks.
Bernard O' Reilly works as a Design Engineer in Hanley Energy Ltd. and holds a certificate of achievement from Certification Europe for "Effective Implementation of an Energy Management System using ISO50001". Bernard has an in-depth knowledge on the design, installation and maintenance of Mechanical & Electrical systems and has both designed and project managed a number of large scale commercial and industrial installations across various sectors.
1 -2 Hours
Assessment & certification
Certificate of attendance will be awarded to all participants and no assessment will be required on completion.
Who should attend
Professionals and companies seeking a comprehensive overview of the ISO50001 standard and how it should be used as an energy management model, whether accreditation is being sought or not.