The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland was established as Ireland's national energy authority under the Sustainable Energy Act 2002. SEAI's mission is to play a leading role in transforming Ireland into a society based on sustainable energy structures, technologies and practices. To fulfil this mission SEAI aims to provide well-timed and informed advice to Government, and deliver a range of programmes efficiently and effectively, while engaging and motivating a wide range of stakeholders.
To provide an overview of the SEA and AA processes presented in the LARES methodology along with focused discussion on types of expected impacts. Case Studies will be used to provide working examples
• Clear understanding of the SEA and AA processes.
• An understanding the role of SEA and AA in developing a LARES.
• An understanding of environmental constraints relevant to LARES’s.
• Clear understanding of the types of impacts expected from renewable energy development.
• An appreciation of how GIS can be used to represent constraints and assist in the environmental assessment.
• SEA and AA lessons learned in practical exercises to ensure learning outcomes are applicable.
• Introduction to SEA and AA.
• SEA Process interactions with LARES.
• Group Session.
• SEA Lessons Learned.
• AA Process interactions with LARES.
• Group Session.
• AA Key Lessons.
Emma Oliveira BSc (Hons) HDip is an environmental consultant with fourteen years of experience in impact assessment including Strategic Environmental Assessment , Appropriate Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment.
Eamonn Delaney BSc, MSc, MCIEEM is an environmental and ecological consultant with eight years of experience specialising in AA, EIA, Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA), Habitat Survey, Identification and Management, Plant Species Identification and Environmental Surveying
9.30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
Planners, local and regional authority staff, consultants and other professionals, who may engage with producing local and regional authority renewable energy strategies.