With over 25 years’ industry experience, Quigg Golden has become a market leader in the provision of concise and practical contract management, procurement law and dispute resolution advice to the construction industry. We have acted for employers (both public and private), contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
Quigg Golden specialise in;
• Dispute Resolution;
• Contract Drafting & Risk Assessment; and
• Training and Professional Development.
The course aims to provide an insight and knowledge into the procurement process for Contractors and members of a Contractors team.
The course will give the participants an understanding of the legal terminology often in tender documents.
Delegates willgain an insight into:
• The New Procurement Directives and what they mean for you
• Capital Works Management Framework in general
• Risk Transfer in Construction contracts
• Public Works Forms of Contracts
• Standard Conditions of Engagement for Consultancy Services
• ITT (Invitation to Tenderers)
• Forms of Tender and Schedules
• Various supporting guidance notes
In recent years there have been dramatic developments in construction procurement. The EU Regulations are set to change again, causing another dynamic shift in the industry. This course will focus on best practice and how these changes will affect how Contractors win work.
Quigg Golden are market leaders in providing procurement advice for both public bodies and contractors alike.
Edward Quigg BEng LLB LLM DipArb MIEI FCIArb FInstCES
Edward is a civil engineer and barrister. He is recognised as a leading expert on the legal obligations in procuring work, including the EU requirements. Edward is regularly called upon to advise on procurement best practise and disputes. He is a director of Quigg Golden, a guest lecturer at Queens University Belfast and has co-authored the Procurement Lawyers Association's guidance on evaluation procedures.
1 day - 09:00 - 16:30
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
Clients, Contractors, Subcontractors or Consultants interested or involved in procurement.