The Energy Markets and Security Conference will take place on October 4, 2023, at the Gibson Hotel, Dublin.
Electricity market design has come into sharp focus since the Russian invasion of Ukraine that disrupted gas supply to Europe causing both gas and electricity prices to rise sharply. In addition, the increase in renewable electricity sources has led to the need to rethink how the existing electricity market mechanism works.
In March of this year, the European Commission published a proposal to reform the EU electricity market to address these issues and make the EU electricity market design fit for 2050.
The 2023 Energy Market and Security Conference will examine the next phase of electricity market evolution on the island of Ireland. This conference will consider the drivers behind the coming reforms and the implications for the Single Electricity Market and will also look at related issues such as security of supply.
An expert panel of local and visiting experts will look at issues including:
- Drivers for electricity market reform
- Integrating 80% renewable electricity
- Decoupling the price of gas from the electricity price
- The future role of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Price outlook for gas and electricity markets
- Electricity security of supply
- The future role of interconnection and multi-purpose interconnectors
- Designing an electricity market fit for 2050
- John Melvin, Director of Security Supply and Wholesale, Commission for Regulation of Utilities
- Savannah Altvater, Data Management & Flexibility Lead, Eurelectric
- Richard Murphy, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Thomas Verstraeten, Senior Counsel, KPMG
- Peter O’Shea, Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs, ESB
- Todd Bessemer, Managing Director & Principal, Market Reform
- Lucy Plant, Manager Strategic Partnerships, Energy Solutions, Enel X
- Colm O’Neill, Partner, KPMG
- Neil Walker, Head of Infrastructure Energy and Environment and Transport, Ibec
- Simon Ludlam, Chief Executive Officer, MaresConnect
View the full conference programme online at: www.energysecurityireland.ie
Secure your place today!
Delegate rate: €245 +VAT @ 23% = €301.35. Group discounts available – contact us for further information.
How to register: Online: www.energysecurityireland.ie Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 (0)1 661 3755.