Engineering is one of the key industries that can truly address the impact of climate change on the planet.
We invite you to join our engineering community at The Helix, DCU on Thursday, 23 April 2020 for our National Conference which will focus on the topic of Engineering Climate Action: Solutions to combat climate change in Ireland.
Our conference will highlight how engineers are leading the fight against climate change. The event will aim to mobilise, educate and empower engineers across all sectors to be drivers of climate action in their own business, network and communities.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Dr. Morgan Bazilian, member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Advisory Council on Energy, Director of the Payne Institute in the USA and a Professor of Public Policy at the Colorado School of Mines.
- Dr. Colin Hunt, CEO, AIB Group
- Laura Burke, Director General of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Mike Stenson, Head of Innovation, Kingspan
- Prof. Brian Ó Gallachóir, Centre Director of MaREI and Chair of Energy Engineering, UCC
- Prof. Lisa Ryan, Lecturer in energy economics in the School of Economics, UCD
- Reinoud van Oosten, Commercial Director Senior Project Manager at RPS (Netherlands)
- Brendan Murphy, Commercial & Regulatory Director, Ervia
- Dr. John Martin, Principal Officer at Office of Public Works
- Charlie Coakley, Sustainability Project Lead, Irish Water
- Brigid Walsh, Contracts Manager and Engineer, Enerpower Ltd
- Deirdre de Bhailís, Manager of the Dingle Creativity and Innovation Hub – partner on the Dingle sustainability project
Early Bird member tickets can be purchased for just €69 and non-member Early Bird tickets are available for just €99. This offer is valid until Friday, 14 February. Tickets will increase to €169 and €199 on Saturday, 15 February.
For more information and to avail of the Early Bird rate, please click here.