Engineers Ireland celebrated excellence in the fields of maintenance engineering and asset management at its annual MEETA Asset Management Annual Conference and Awards, which took place virtually on 24 and 25 November.
Sponsored by ESS and Eirdata, the MEETA Asset Management Annual Conference uniquely addressed sustainability in the context of asset management and reliability. Chaired by Jim Kelly, Chairperson of the MEETA Asset Management Society and MEETA Asset Management Committee members Thomas Murphy, Chloe Curry, Paul Phelan, Jerry Larkin and John Coleman, topics discussed at the two-day event ranged from sustainability in finance and design to sustaining resilience. Keynote presentations were delivered by Peter McKenna, Stadium Director at Croke Park, and Janet Lynch, a Chartered Environmental Engineer with Arup, to the gathered online audience of 80 delegates. Event sponsor Eirdata also hosted a Toolbox Talk which provided a case study on the organisation’s self-sustaining future.
Following the two-day morning conference, the annual MEETA Asset Management Awards presentation ceremony also took place on Thursday afternoon to recognise the achievements of maintenance professionals. The winners of the MEETA Asset Management Awards 2021 were as follows:
- MEETA Asset Management Awards 2021 overall Winner and recipient of perpetual trophy the Salmon of Knowledge, in memory of Sean Hennessy, former Chair of the MEETA Asset Management Society: Eanna O Cionnaith, Hollister - Benefits of in-house sonotrode repair using a microscope grinding fixture
- MEETA Student Award - Student Overall Winner: Patrick Lambe for his project, Practical Training for Water Industry Technicians
- Best Practice and Innovation in Maintenance Management Award: MSD Dunboyne Biologics - Digital Twin FMECA Modelling at MSD Dunboyne Biologics
- Best Practice in Technology and Asset Information Management Award: BioMarin - The Enhanced Visualisation of Asset Information in CMMS through Power BI
- Safety in Maintenance and Asset Management Award: Irish Rail - Carrying out Safety Tours via Mobility
- Skills & Workforce Development Award: BioMarin - Development of Coaching Conversations Booklet
- Best practice in Environmental Control as applied to Maintenance and Asset Management Award: MSD Dunboyne Biologics - Reducing our environmental impact through implementing fit for purpose Lubricant Management System employing best in class advanced technology
Congratulating the winners of the 2021 MEETA Asset Management Awards, Professor Orla Feely, President of Engineers Ireland, said: “This year’s MEETA Asset Management Awards once again highlight the outstanding and diverse achievements of maintenance and asset management professionals and students across the country. The awards play an important role in promoting innovation and excellence in maintenance and asset management. I would like to extend my congratulations to all those who have been presented with awards and in particular, Eanna O Cionnaith, the overall winner and recipient of the perpetual Salmon of Knowledge trophy.”
In addition to commending the award winners, Professor Feely also praised the role of award sponsors ESS and Eirdata and thanked both organisations for their “continued support in recognising and celebrating those working in maintenance and asset management roles.”
For more information on Engineers Ireland’s MEETA Asset Management society, visit: https://www.engineersireland.ie/groups/societies