Engineers Ireland's 2022 National Conference will take place at the Convention Centre Dublin on Wednesday, 19 October. Members are encouraged to save the date in their calendars and to join us for this premiere learning and networking event.
With a title of Engineering in a time of challenge; innovation, decarbonisation and the role of engineers, Engineers Ireland’s National Conference will showcase best practice deployed by ambitious engineering companies/firms or organisations with an engineering dimension, in progressing their business, with a focus on innovation and a net zero/reduced carbon objective.
As in previous years, our opening session will feature thought leaders who will set the scene from a financial and economic perspective.
Engineers Ireland’s President John Power will open the event at 9:30am on 19 October and will be joined by:
- Michael McGrath TD, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform
- Dr. Eddie O'Connor, Chair of SuperNode
- Professor John Fitzgerald, Economist and Adjunct Professor of Engineering at UCD and member of the Climate Change Advisory Council
- Róisín Quinn, OBE, Electrical Engineer, Director of Customer Connections, National Grid, Great Britain
- Paul Stein, Chairman, Rolls Royce, Small Modular Reactors; Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering and Former Director General, Science and Technology, UK Ministry of Defence
- Dr Magdalena Hajdukiewicz, , CEng, lecturer in Energy Systems Engineering at University of Galway and Director of Ireland’s National Construction Technology Centre
- Dr Meadhbh Connolly, Engineer, Innovation Manager, ESB Generation & Trading
- Dr Val Cummins, Managing Director, Emerald and Western Star floating wind joint venture partnerships between the Simply Blue Group and Shell. Simply Blue is a blue economy developer, with a focus on floating wind, wave and low impact aquaculture
- Matias Johansson, Chief Financial Officer, Länsimetro (the West Metro) which extends the Helsinki metropolitan subway system by 13 new stations. The West Metro is a joint project of the cities of Espoo and Helsinki with annual revenue over €60m and a total CAPEX of over €2b
Register now to attend this premiere learning and networking event. This is a hybrid event, you can attend in-person at The Convention Centre Dublin or you can log in and view the conference online.
For our members, your attendance at our conference will be complimentary, as we consider it a member benefit.
However, please note that members who do wish to attend in-person will have a charge of €30 towards your hot buffet lunch and refreshments. This is to ensure your place and to avoid any food surplus.
Non-members are also encouraged to attend. Non-member tickets are priced at €200 for an online ticket, and €230 for an in-person ticket.
Please note that members must be logged in to avail of complimentary tickets. Registration is essential to ensure that you receive the link to view the conference.
Click here to register today.