Registration is now open for members to avail of their complimentary ticket to attend our National Conference. This key event in our engineering calendar will take place at The Convention Centre Dublin on Wednesday, 19 October and will also be streamed live.
With a title of Engineering in a time of challenge; innovation, decarbonisation and the role of engineers, our National Conference will highlight some best practice deployed by ambitious engineering companies who have a focus on innovation and a net zero/reduced carbon approach. Our opening session will feature thought leaders who will set the scene from a financial and economic perspective.
Engineers Ireland’s President John Power will open the event at 9:30am on 19 October and will be joined by:
- Michael McGrath TD, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform (pictured)
- Dr Eddie O’Connor, Chair of SuperNode, who has pioneered the concept of the SuperGrid in response to the challenge of decarbonising electricity generation in Europe
- Professor John FitzGerald, Economist and Adjunct Professor of Engineering at UCD and member of the Climate Change Advisory Council (pictured)
- Róisín Quinn, OBE, Director of Customer Connections, National Grid, UK (pictured)
- Paul Stein, Chairman, Rolls Royce, Small Modular Reactors; Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering and Former Director General, Science and Technology, UK Ministry of Defence
- Dr Magdalena Hajdukiewicz, CEng, Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, University of Galway
- Meadhbh Connolly, Engineer and Innovation Manager, ESB Generation & Trading
More speakers to be announced soon.
Our National Conference aims to engage our members and key external stakeholders with a quality learning event and also raise the profile of our profession.
For our members, your attendance at our conference will be complimentary, as we consider it a member benefit. However, please note that members who do wish to attend in-person will have a charge of €30 towards your hot buffet lunch and refreshments. This is to ensure your place and to avoid any food surplus. Non-member charges are €230 (in-person) and €200 (online).
Spread the word and click here to book your place today.