CPD Credit: 6 hours, C3/C4
This interactive CPD workshop aims to identify delegates' leadership and management strengths and identify how to become more effective at leading and managing your team members, while elaborating on the necessary skills for effective interpersonal relationships.
Management & Leadership
- Definition of management and leadership
- Model of Management
- Leadership theories
- Leadership styles
- The importance of feedback
- Understanding and overcoming bias
- Structured approach to giving developmental and affirmative feedback
- What is delegation?
- Benefits to staff in having tasks delegated to them
- Structured step by step process to delegate
- Identifying training gaps
- How to create an effective team
- Team development
- Tips for managers on developing teamwork
- Theory meets reality
- Your role in motivating your team members
- Approaches to motivate and support staff
- Performance appraisals
- Dealing with underperformance
- Delegation, communication, constructive feedback
Phil Kildea is a trainer, business mentor and executive coach with over 20 years training experience. He works with clients from a broad range of industries in the private and public sectors. He specialises in Performance Management, Negotiation & Selling Skills, Management Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Personal Development and Customer Care.
Phil has a very energetic, participative delivery style, and proactively encourages the best from his course participants. He has been successfully delivering training on behalf of Engineers Ireland since 2007 helping Engineers to develop and enhance their skills in a range of key competences.
He has several qualifications including a Masters of Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Studies (1st Class Hons), a Graduateship in Marketing from MII, a National Diploma in Personnel Management, Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching and Certificates in Training and Continuing Education. Phil is a certified NLP master practitioner. He also lectures part time in Business Policy for the Institute of Public Administration.
- “Phil was an excellent instructor - highly experienced in the material being presented. Would highly recommend this course to others.”
- “Good use of practical discussions”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com