CPD Credit: 4.5 hours, C1
The primary purpose of this Workshop is to inform the participant of Analytical Problem-Solving Frameworks and Tools. The workshop takes the learner through a logical sequence which can be followed for Business, Service and Engineering problems (both discrete and integrated). For each step in the process a number of tools will be suggested and outlined. The course is heavily weighted towards case studies and team exercises.
Trainer’s Learning Approach
This workshop is designed to be practical, and attendees will complete a number of Instructor led exercises both individually and in teams.
Tools covered and applied include:
- 5Ws and 1H
- Basadur Analysis
- Direct Observation
- What we know/don’t know
- Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis
- Segmentation Condition and Properties Trees
- Resource Analysis
- Supporting Documentation (A3s, ARs etc) and Executive Summary
- Analytical, and Inventive thinking methodologies - An Overview
- Problem Types - Discrete and Integrated problem differences
- Analytical Problem Solving Frameworks
- (PDCA; DMAIC; DMADV; SPS; 7 Step; RCA; EIE, MBPS)
- What to use, when and where
- The Role of Critical Thinking in all stages of the process
- Detection and Containment Strategies and Tactics
- Importance of the Problem Statement and Tools to use. Understanding Variation and including as part of a problem statement
- Choosing your Metrics for Impact, Success Criteria, Severity etc. and the role of robust statistical analysis for all steps of the process
- Problem Characterisation and Model Identification
Paul Comiskey has spent 38 years working in Military, Marine, Academic and Industry Organisations.
He is a qualified Engineer (practicing) and Physicist (MSc) and holds a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from CAMMS.
He has worked in the USA, Japan, China, the Middle East and Europe as both an Engineer and Manager.
He possesses specific expertise in Semi-conductor Fabrication and Physics, Knowledge Management, Analytical Problem Solving (APS), Inventive Thinking (TRIZ), Systems and Critical Thinking and practices and teaches in Industry and at Universities in both Ireland and Asia (China).
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com