CPD Credit: 6 hours, C1
This course aims to enable participants to manage and track projects successfully and provide essential project management information including resource management, tracking critical path, and reporting.
This instructor-led course utilises project tools for creating and managing projects. Specifically, the course covers planning a project, customising calendars, building a project plan outline, creating dependency links, and defining resources as well as assigning resources to tasks. The course also shows students how to manage resource allocation, set a baseline for a project, and track progress on a project. An introduction to formatting views and printing is also included.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have:
- Built and saved a new project file
- Defined and outlined a project task list
- Created and modified task dependency links
- Identified a resource pool and assigned resources to various tasks
- Explored several methods for managing resource work
- Set a baseline for a project
- Tracked actual progress on a project and rescheduled incomplete work
- Formatted a Gantt chart view, including task bars, timescales, and text attributes
- Previewed and printed views and reports.
- Introducing project
- Setting up a new project
- Tasks, notes & milestones
- Manipulating tasks and constraints
- Views & split windows
- Printing & reports
- What’s new in Microsoft Project
No previous experience of Microsoft Project is required, but participants will need to have downloaded the Microsoft Project application in advance of this programme.
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to a wide range of individuals from various sectors and industries, it applies to business owners, project managers, engineers, site supervisors. All these individuals should have one thing in common – the role of planning and scheduling tasks.
John McGrath from Productive Solutions Ltd. is the instructor for this Microsoft Project course.
John has over 20 years’ training experience specialising in Microsoft applications and has delivered in excess of 3,000 training courses. Prior to this, John worked as university Project Management.
John's aim is to teach you more about Microsoft Project in a day than you might learn in years with software documentation or any self-help tutorial. With John's guidance you'll discover how to use Microsoft Project as it was meant to be used: as a problem-solver, a time-saver and a streamlined means to an impressive end.
- "Excellent course, very informative and thorough"
- "Very interesting and engaging"
- "John held the attention of the class for the day and made sure no one was left behind. Great course!"
- George Larkin, Temec: "Very good – excellent lecturer"
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org