1. Students agree to take part in surveys before, during or after the steps engineering your future (STEPS EYF) programme. Engineers Ireland will from time to time contact students who attended STEPS EYF to gauge their ongoing interest levels in engineering and STEM over a number of years. Students agree to participate in these surveys as a condition of attending STEPS EYF. Students' data will be stored by Engineers Ireland for the purposes of carrying out these surveys. Participants are free to opt out of the survey mailing list any time they wish.
2. After STEPS EYF, students may occasionally be contacted by the STEPS Programme with information relevant to engineering. Students' details will not be shared with third parties.
3. Payment of a fee is required to secure a place on the STEPS EYF
programme. If a student wishes to cancel their place within seven days of the
start of the programme, fees are non-refundable. If a cancellation takes
place earlier than seven days before the programme commences a refund will be
made minus paypal fees. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by
email. Students attending DEIS schools are exempt from payment of fees.
This fee recoups a portion of the costs associated with running the Engineering Your Future Programme. Payment is only required once an offer is received. Payments include Paypal fees
4. Students who are offered a place will be given a deadline by
which to submit their online acceptance enrolment form, payment and
recommendation from parent/guardian and their TY coordinator. If the student
does not meet this deadline, the student forgoes their place and the place may
be offered to another student.
5. STEPS EYF Coordinators at each participating college will
decide which students will be offered places, in accordance with their own set
of criteria. All college coordinators' decisions about place offers are final.
6. Students must commit to attending every day of the EYF
7. During STEPS EYF, students may not leave the college campus
during the schedule of activities without express permission from the STEPS EYF
8. Participating students must be permanent residents of Ireland.
9. Applicants must be Transition Year students at the time of the programme. Applications from 5th Year or other students will not be accepted.
10. Students must obtain permission from their parent/guardian and TY coordinator to attend the programme.
11. While attending STEPS EYF, colleges and/or Engineers Ireland may take photos or video footage of student activities. If you do not wish to appear in photos or videos, your parent or guardian must make STEPS aware of this through the online form (a link will be sent to successful candidates). These photos/videos may be used in promotional materials or media outreach by Engineers Ireland or participating colleges.
12. Students agree to be bound by the college's code of conduct.
13. Students must conduct themselves as they would when attending a normal school day.
14. EYF programme content is subject to change and may differ from that previously described.
15. In the event of a STEPS EYF programme being cancelled or re-scheduled, student fees will be refunded, but Engineers Ireland will not be liable for any costs. this applies but is not limited to any travelling, subsistence or expenses incurred by students.
16. We will be in touch only if you have been successful in your application. Please note we will only deal with the applicant and canvassing from parents or guardians will disqualify your application.