Engineering in a new world: digital and sustainable solutions for society
Engineers Ireland's 2021 National Conference will take place online from 9am on Wednesday, 13 October 2021.
Based on the theme Engineering in a new world: digital and sustainable solutions for society, our National Conference will be free for Engineers Ireland's members to attend.
Our motivational and solutions-focused online event will showcase best practice deployed by ambitious engineering companies/firms and individuals in progressing their businesses at this time of global challenge. The deployment of sustainable approaches in those businesses and how digitalisation in supporting the work of today’s engineers will be a key emphasis.
The role of engineers in progressing our island’s national recovery post Covid-19 & Brexit will feature.
We aim for our National Conference to be a sought-after event that has prominence in the calendar of the engineering community, engages members of Engineers Ireland and key external stakeholders, and which raises the profile of the profession.
We are delighted to announce some of our key speakers:
- Leading economist, author and broadcaster, David McWilliams
- Leader of the Alliance Party in Northern Ireland, Naomi Long, MLA, (Civil Engineer)
- Professor of Engineering and the Arts & Provost-Elect Linda Doyle, Trinity College Dublin (Electrical Engineer)
- Incoming CEO of Enterprise Ireland, Leo Clancy (Electrical Engineer)
- CEO of Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Peter Walsh (Civil Engineer)
Other speakers to be announced from industry very soon.