IMR is Ireland's leading independent research and technology organization, RTO. All Irish Manufacturing Research’s projects focus on translational innovation projects, in collaboration with industry, to demystify, de-risk and deliver emerging concepts, processes and technologies.
This is an advanced Fanuc milling course designed for people with some knowledge and experience of the machining process and CNC controls but who want to acquire the necessary skills to program multi- axis lathes including C&Y. The course is aimed at operators and setters looking to acquire new and upgrade existing skills, and at adult learners with knowledge and experience of the machining process looking to make the step up to CNC Programming. The course is suitable for customers with either Doosan multi-axis lathes or other manufacturers' Fanuc controlled machines with a similar configuration.
This course is designed for operators/programmers already competent in understanding the standard ISO codes for turning and require upskilling and to use the facility of the C & Y Axis on a lathe. The ideal candidates are already proficient in CNC late operation and should have a good foundation in ISO G – codes.
Day 1 Module 1 Fanuc Turning ISO Code
1. Machine Layout, Setting C Axis Work Datums,
2. Engaging the C Axis and Driven Tools Tool Offsets.
3. Tool Offsets Setting & G98 & G99 Feed Rate Type
4. G83 Face Drilling Cycles & Using M98 Sub Routines
5. G85 & G84 Face Reaming & Tapping Cycles
6. G87 Side Drilling Cycles & Using M98 Sub Routines
7. G89 & G88 Side Reaming & Tapping Cycles
8. Introduction to Milling on Front Face with G41 & G42 Cutter Compensation
Day 2 Module 2 Fanuc Turning ISO Code
1. Using Polar Co-Ordinate Interpolation G12.1 (G112)
2. Examples of Face Milling with Rule & Regulations Explained.
3. Introduction to Milling on Side of Component
4. G7.1 (G107) Using Cylindrical Interpolation.
5. Introduction of Y Axis Machining with G17 Plane Selection.
6. Milling in X & Y Using G41 & G42 Cutter Compensation
7. Introduction of Y Axis Machining with G19 Plane Selection
8. Milling in Z & Y Using G41 & G42 Cutter Compensation
Day 3 Module 3 Fanuc Turning NC Guide Conversational
1. Fixed Forms, Tool Data Base for X & Z direction Tools.
2. Billet Size, Start Menu, Cycles & End Menus.
3. Hole Machining Cycles on Front Face & Side
4. Pocket Machining on Front Face & Side Cycles.
5. Contouring on Front Face X & C with Side Z & C
6. Grooves on the Front Face & Side
7. Engraving on Front & Side
8. Back Up Data for Home & Work use
Mr. Jeff Hart is Manager of Mills Training Academy for 16 years,
Started career as an apprentice Toolmaker in 1972 ~ 1976, and with quite high qualifications achieved was asked at the age of 21 to start part time teaching in a college YOPS (Youth Opportunity Scheme) for 5 years while simultaneously working in a Company as a Toolmaker with Plastic Injection Moulds.
While at the Company, took the opportunity to learn Programming in Heidenhain and Fanuc. Several years later in 1985 the chance to join Fanuc came up and was employed as the Training Manager. Travelled all over Europe training Machine Tool Builders, Agents and Fanuc Employees in Programming, Service Issues and New products from Fanuc.
After 10 years Mills CNC joined them as their Training Manager and create a training centre in the Midlands which was ultimate ambition.
Since Mills started the Training Academy we have had over 8,000 students come through the system, not just from the UK but many from Ireland, Egypt, India & Poland etc.
City & Guilds in Production Engineering Full Cert.
D32 & D34 level qualified for NVQ’s (Non Vocational Qualifications)
Fanuc Controlled Lathes up to 9 Axes
Fanuc Controlled Machining Centres up to 5 Axes
Heidenhain 5 Axes Machining Centres.
Siemens ShopMill & Shopturn
FeatureCam, Cimco & FAPT Software trained.
Mr. Chris Judge is the Machining Applications Specialist for subtractive manufacturing at Irish Manufacturing research. His expertise lies in his experience growing an advanced technology and modern precision engineering company in a fast-paced environment. Chris has extensive experience within the precision engineering sector working with technologies from CNC machining, abrasive waterjet cutting to EDM. Researched and implemented new and emerging technologies to ensure Prodieco always stayed competitive in their market sector. Chris is currently leading other research programs and involved in EU funded research programs within the Irish precision engineering space.
Assessment & certification
Written course evaluation. 21 hours CPD
Who should attend
This course is designed for operators/programmers currently operating CNC lathes at an operator level i.e. part loading, basic tool changing, wear adjustments etc.