Everyone needs to embrace existing and emerging technologies to stay ahead of the curve. Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet give government funding towards our courses to employees and businesses across the Republic of Ireland which significantly reduces the cost of your training budget.
With the help of our industry partners, we have built learning pathways in areas like Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, Data Analytics and many more. All are industry-led and have an instant impact in the workplace.
We are at the forefront of innovation excellence and technology leadership and are trusted by people in 1000’s of companies across Ireland.
You can choose from accredited courses supported by trusted Irish Universities. Or for a more self-paced approach, we have a selection of non-accredited industry programmes.
So for affordable, impactful, industry-led courses why not take the next step on your lifelong learning journey with us.
As technology evolves, businesses and individuals that fail to keep up with emerging digital technologies risk being left behind. Learning about these technologies can help you stay competitive and relevant!
This course will provide an overview of the latest technologies shaping our world, including blockchain, the internet of things (IoT), virtual and augmented reality, and more. This can help students develop a broad understanding of the technology landscape and the potential impact of these technologies.
Regardless of your industry, this is the perfect opportunity to learn how you, or your team can leverage these technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
ICT Skillnet part-funds this course for eligible applicants working in private or commercial semi-state organisations registered in the Republic of Ireland.
You can learn more from Victor Del Rosal about the course specifics here: https://youtu.be/4hlG4VYYZ_k
The overall objective of the course is to provide students including non-computing professionals, IT professionals and non-traditional students with:
1. Fundamental knowledge and understanding of emerging digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Internet of Things, Blockchain, FinTech, Robotics, Cloud Computing and, Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality.
2. Working and practical knowledge of emerging digital technologies and their potential application in the workplace, including specialised knowledge across a variety of emerging digital technologies.
3. Learning skills that support them to develop a deeper knowledge of the impact and applications of emerging technologies.
4. The ability to investigate and analyse emerging digital technologies, to exercise creative or conceptual skills, to plan and design concepts, to apply emerging digital technologies to business domains such as products, services, operations or processes.
5. Enhanced communication, presentation, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
The last couple of years have seen a rapid acceptance of technology as a key enabler for businesses to survive and scale. The challenge faced by the majority of decision-makers is attempting to understand which of the technologies will beneficially impact their business and deliver value to their bottom line.
- Are you unsure and hesitant about investing in technology?
- Would insights and help in understanding those technologies be of interest to you?
- Do you want to avoid losing competitive advantage or being slow to adjust to the rapidly evolving digital landscape?
You are not alone, the opportunity now exists to prepare for the future.
In today's rapidly changing world, it is crucial for businesses and individuals to stay updated on the latest digital technologies.
This online Certificate in Digital Emerging Technologies will give the student a deep understanding of these new technologies and how they can be utilised to create opportunities in their industry and develop their career prospects.
It is taught over one semester and is delivered completely online through both synchronous and asynchronous directed activities using state-of-the-art technologies and teaching techniques to support the virtual classroom. Asynchronous directed activities consist of short videos, recommended reading and tutorial exercises.
The National College of Ireland
The course is fully online and runs for 1 semester (12 weeks). Commencing May 2023.
Live online lectures will be scheduled 2 nights per week, 2 hours per lecture.
Assessment & certification
The course is 20 ECTS credits at Level 7.
• Emerging Digital Technologies (10 Credits)
Emerging Digital Technologies Module Assessment is based on 100% continuous assessment (individual) consisting of two assignment submissions and covering the complete module curriculum.
• Digital Business Transformation (10 Credits)
Digital Business Transformation Module Assessment is based on 100% project (group project) consisting of two submission parts during the semester and will cover the complete module curriculum.
Who should attend
Applicants may be from IT or non-computing backgrounds.
A minimum of a Level 6 qualification on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) is required for standard entry.
For candidates who do not meet this minimum entry requirement, the college operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered based on relevant work or other experiences.
For applicants whose first language is not English, please note the English language entry requirements.
Applicants must be working in a private or commercial semi-state organisation registered in the Republic of Ireland(Business, Consultant, Freelancer) to avail of the grant-aided fees. As a government-funded training network, we can only support those meeting these criteria.