XTRATHERM Ltd is a fully Irish owned and independently owned company. A family Business, founded in 1986, the company has a successful record of commercial progress and development over the last 30 years and is fully committed to supporting the construction industry in the delivery of Low and Zero Carbon buildings. With
three manufacturing plants in Ireland, the UK and Belgium, XTRATHERM Ltd is regarded as Europe's most innovative manufacturer of high performance foam insulation.
An introduction of Tapered insulation Systems and Cut-to-Fall design scheme that provide designers with a precise, technically excellent solution to achieve thermal insulation and bespoke drainage.
– Roof failures: consequences of ponding, and how creating a fall in flat roofs avoids damage
– How those falls might be created
– How Cut-to-fall (Tapered) Insulation systems are designed and supplied in components to create a drainage system
– Introductiing the XtraFall System
– What tapered design service entails, and the components included in such schemes
– Compatibility of insulation and various waterproofing systems
– A Critical Component: competency in U-value/condensation risk analysis
– Introduction to Xtratherm
– Waterproofing membranes: the options
– Roof failures: consequences of ponding
– Creating a drainage fall: Key issues and solutions in new and refurb projects
– Introducing the XtraFall cut-to-fall System: from Design to Delivered schemes
Case study part 1
– Critical Component: BRE approved U-value and condensation risk analysis
Case study part 2
– Technical support/Technical Approvals
Emmanuel Bourdin B.Chem.Eng., M.Sc., Ph.D., MBA has over ten years experience in providing CPD seminars approved by the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland, the Royal Institute of British Architects and the Glass and Glazing Federation in the specification of construction and civil engineering products and services. Emmanuel has been working as specification sales manager in the Irish insulation industry since 2007.
The seminar is 45 minutes long plus Q&A.
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
The seminar is aimed at engineers and designers looking for a cost effective and quality assured design service and range of products to create effective drainage and insulation on flat roofs.