National Metrology Laboratory (NML), a division of NSAI is the national metrology institute for Ireland and is responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing the national measurement standards for physical quantities and their dissemination to Irish users. In addition to maintaining the national measurement standards NML provides a calibration service in a range of areas and also delivers training in measurement-related activities.
The aim of the CT001 course is to familiarise participants with the basic principles of calibration and metrology and how to apply these in various measurement fields.
- Produce reliable measurement results
- Interpret measurement data correctly
- Specify measurement requirements
- Understand the main elements of a calibration procedure
- Recognise the key requirements of a calibration certificate
- Gain a basic understanding of measurement uncertainty
- Understand traceability of measurements to the International System of Units (SI)
- Interpret instrument accuracy specifications
- Understand statements of compliance on calibration certificates
• Measurement Standards and Traceability • Measurement Uncertainty • Test Uncertainty Ratio • Instrument Accuracy Specification • Calibration Certificates • Recalibration Intervals • Laboratory Accreditation • Practical Demonstrations • Tour of NML facilities
- 12 years technical experience in a range of laboratories in NSAI NML
- 3 years delivering NML's Foundation Course
- PhD in Environmental Physics
- BSc in Physics and Physics Technology
- Tech. Dip. Appl. Physics
9.30am - 4.30pm approx
Assessment & certification
Certificate of Training
Who should attend
The CT001 training course is intended for technicians and professionals who are new to the field of calibration and/or who are responsible for the management and administration of calibrations.