H&MV is a leader in HV electrical contracting and consulting services. High & Medium Voltage Engineering Ltd was established in 1997 and is now among the leading specialist companies in High and Medium Voltage Transmission and Distribution Systems in Ireland
Our aim is to equip personnel working, or associated with, High Voltage Systems, with the knowledge they require to carry out their functions in a safe and competent manner.
The course offers a structured approach to High Voltage training, as all relevant aspects of the subject area are addressed in detail and followed by Practical Exercises. It will provide participants with a solid foundation in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the operation of High Voltage Systems and Equipment.
The course itself is broadly divided into classroom and practical sessions on an equal basis.
1. Principles of Electrical Safety
2. Lock-Out & Tag-Out & Testing of Isolations
3. Electrical Drawings and Switching Plans
4. Electrical Safety Legislation and Standards
5. Principles of Arc-Flash and Arc-Blast
6. PPE and High Voltage Test Equipment
7. High Voltage Switchgear and Transformers
8 .General Electrical Theory and Concepts
9. Electrical Circuits and Protection
10. Principles of Risk Assessment.
Our course is delivered by experienced trainers who have spent years working in High Voltage environments.
The course is run over 5 days.
Assessment & certification
The course will be assessed by way of continuous assessment, a final theory exam and a final practical exam.
Who should attend
This course is designed to be suitable for:
Facilities and Maintenance Managers
Facility Engineers and Technicians
High Voltage System Operators