Founded in 1984, with over 1,300 full-time employees, Suir Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of EDF Energy Services.
Suir Engineering are a leading provider of innovative mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering solutions for their clients throughout Ireland, the UK, Europe and other locations across the globe.
They provide best in class contracting solutions with in-house, flexible resources capable of providing a personable and consistent service to their customers. Training aim
To ensure that personnel who are appointed into roles to manage LV Electrical Safe Working across Suir Engineering are trained in the roles duties and responsibilities that their appointment brings.
LV Testing Course:
- Clarity on the Roles Duties and Responsibilities of a Competent Electrical tester.
- Understanding of the Regulations and Standards
- To ensure we are compliant with NSAI IS 10101 ; 2020
- Importance of Safety and Isolations when testing.
- Recognise Terminology and associated results expected to be achieved when testing.
- Understand the Safety Requirements when dealing with Electricity
- Familiarising our personnel further with Test Equipment functionality.
- To Build our In-House Testing Competencies.
- To ensure we are compliant with NSAI IS 10101 ; 2020.
- While testing is being carried out that we ensure we are compliant/adhering with Suir Engineering LV Electrical Safe Working Procedure.
- Familiarising our personnel with the use of the Test Meter.
- Familiarising our personnel with the implementation of Electrical Permits.
- Familiarising our personnel with documenting Test Results and Certifying Works.
- Hands on Demonstration of testing on training rigs with fault finding and live testing scenarios.
John Clare is the primary course trainer with support from Andrew Norris. He has been in the electrical industry with over 40 years working alongside RECI, ETCI, NSAI and CENELEC. John is a leading authority on Rules for Electrical Installations, and is also a member of Technical Committee 2 which oversees the National Rules for Electrical Installations.He was previously Chief Inspector with RECI for 20+ years.
Andrew Norris is in the electrical Industry with +25 years. All of his career has been spent with Suir Engineering where he has progressed from apprentice to electrician to Project Manager and onto a Director of EHS, Quality and Continuous Improvement. He has a broad overview of standards, workplace scenarios, different sectors of the industry which all assist in ensuring the courses which have been developed with John Clare are in line with industry best practice.
Assessment & certification
Course content is assessed over the day via questionnaires and practical assessments at our training rigs within our Training facility in Citywest.Suir Engineering Certificate issued to attendees who pass the course and saved to our online platform Flex.
Who should attend
Skilled Persons (Electricians), Electrical Testers, QAQC & Electrical Engineers.