LeanTeams’ goal is to help businesses work smarter, not harder. They achieve this by helping you to unlock the potential of the people behind the processes in your organisation. As a result of their lean business training, their expert 1:1 mentoring and their own experiential simulation game, their clients are more competitive, profitable, and have lower employee attrition rates.
Lean for Leaders supports business leaders and senior managers in creating the leadership environment needed to build continuous improvements throughout your organisation. This programme is structured around the Shingo Model and how it relates to improving an organisation’s culture, performance, and profitability through lean principles applied by leaders at all levels of the organisation.
- How leading in a Lean environment is different
- The Key Lean Systems that Leaders need to pay special attention to
- Leader Standard Work
- Vision & Mission for your business
- Critical Success Factors, High Level Objectives
- Strategy, supporting KPI’s & site dashboard
- Hoshin X Matrix
- Standardised Visual Management system
- A greater appreciation of the role of leadership
- Strategies to improve employee engagement
- Introduction to Lean Leadership & Principles
- Lean Business Simulation
- Problem-Solving methodology
- Gemba Management (Go-Look-See, Gemba Walks)
- Standardisation (1 Best Way, Leader Standard Work)
- Shingo Model of Enterprise Excellence
- Strategy & Alignment – Establish Vision
- Communication – Front line Dashboards
- Employee Engagement
- Link between Continuous Improvement & Employee Engagement
- Key Lean Systems 5 Alignment (Tier Mgt System, Today / Tomorrow)
- Leadership (Manager v Leader, Transformational / Transactional / Lean)
- Cultural enablers / Employee engagement
- Next Steps – Developing a Lean Roadmap
Steve Halpin has a background in engineering and has worked in Operations Management roles for multi-national corporations for over 20 years. He is also Chairman of the Dublin Lean Network which was set up to bring businesses of all sizes and industries together to share Lean business ideas and best practices.
Lean for Leaders is run over 12 weeks consisting of 8 half-day training sessions. and an initial mentor 1-1 session to plan your implementation.
The classroom training programme is delivered over 8 half days. Each participant has an option of follow-up mentor sessions to assist in the application of Lean Principles to their own work. This is highly recommended.
Assessment & certification
All participants receive an LeanTeams Certificate of Completion.
Who should attend
Leaders and senior decision makers in SME organisations, typically with more than 30 employees and turnover of over €1m.