Powerpoint Engineering Ltd is the industry expert in providing specialised electrical testing products, services & training. We are the market leader in Ireland in niche industries such as Electrical Safety Equipment, Energy Monitoring, Lockout/Tagout & PAT Testing, having built up the necessary expertise, reputation and distribution agencies. Customers include generating stations, utility companies, manufacturing plants, facility managers, engineers, safety consultants & electrical contractors.
PAT Testing is a legal requirement for employers & is being enforced by HSA and others. This 1 day course provides an overview of the legal requirements; the tests involved and related equipment.
On completion of this 1 Day PAT Training course you will have a very good understanding of:
- the legal requirements for Portable Appliance Testing to comply with all current Health & Safety legislation
- the electrical risks involved and what is involved in carrying out the practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- the administrative responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment.
Our PAT Training Course syllabus is comprehensive and includes the following topics:
- What is PAT Testing?
- Code of Practice
- Why Test?
- Legislation - an overview of Statutory Instrument 299 of 2007 & its requirements of employers and organisations.
- Who can carry out PAT Testing?
- What is a competent person?
- Duty of Care
- Initial Safety Checks
- Equipment Classification
- Good Housekeeping & Visual Inspections
- Earth Bond Test
- Insulation Test
- Functional Test
- Polar Test (Leads)
Robert Vaughan has 10 years’ experience in the PAT Testing industry. He is recognised as one of the experts in Ireland in this field. Qualifications include:
FETAC Level 6 – Train the Trainer
City & Guilds Level 3 – Inspection &Testing of Electrical Equipment
Irish Institute of Training and Development
Robert has been running these courses for the past 5 years. In addition to this, Robert has excellent product knowledge as we are authorised distributors in Ireland for the main suppliers.
1-Day Course held monthly in Portlaoise or on-site
Assessment & certification
We are accredited by NSAI to ISO Standard 9001:2008. On passing both a theory & practical exam you will be issued with PAT Training Certification.
Who should attend
Any Engineer responsible for safety in their workplace or safety for their clients. There are specific legal requirements for employers to test all the portable electrical equipment in the workplace.