BROOKVENT is Belfast based, award winning, innovative manufacturer of Energy Saving Ventilation systems, designed specifically for the residential sector, including: Housing, Apartments, Student Accommodation and Care Homes. Our range extends from highly efficient, market leading MVHR & MEV systems to high performance Window Ventilation solutions. Our customers benefit from over 30 years experience in the design, manufacture, supply, and maintenance of our market leading products.
The aim of the course is to update companies involved in the design, installation, and commissioning of residential mechanical ventilation systems regarding the recent updates to TGD Part F (2019)
1. Compliant ventilation methods
2. Sizing ventilation units
3. Ducting systems
4. Changes to TGD Part F
5. Understanding airflow calculations
6. Acoustic attenuation
7. Selection of compliant controls
8. Who is a competent person - design and installation
9. Installation best practice
10. Commissioning process and associated documentation
11. Ventilation Validation Validation Scheme
12. Understanding the importance of maintenance
13. Design & Installation Quality Assurance
This course will cover the following topics, that together will ensure residential mechanical ventilation systems are designed, installed, commissioned, and maintained correctly.
1. Ventilation in context – Why Ventilate
2. TGD Part F 2019 – What’s New?
3. Ventilation Strategies
4. Achieving Compliance - Design
5. Achieving Compliance - Installation
6. Achieving Compliance - Commissioning
7. Ventilation Validation Scheme
9. When it goes wrong
Bachelor of Architecture - Dublin Institute of Technology
Certified Passive House Designer (2017-2022)
City and Guilds NZEB Ventilation Certified
10+ years experience working in residential energy efficiency systems - specifically with mechanical ventilation systems, wireless heating control systems, and heat pumps.
4 years experience working for Irish heat recovery ventilation system manufacturers dealing with specifiers, mechanical contractors, and assigned certifiers.
Assessment & certification
Who should attend
Any construction professionals involved in the specification, design, installation, certification, or maintenance of residential ventilation systems, for both new builds and renovations.