ABB's Electrification Business Area is a global leader in electrical products and solutions, operating in more than 100 countries, with over 200 manufacturing sites. Our 50,000+ employees are dedicated to transforming how people live, connect and work by delivering safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions. We are shaping the future trends of electrification, differentiating through technological and digital innovation while delivering an outstanding experience.
ABB wish to highlight the importance of this topic, to guide and assist OEM, consultants and design engineers in the correct selection and solutions for their installations.
The CPD module will allow you to learn about the latest importance of a good switchboard and panel design and how ABB can increase safety with an array of protective devices and motor protection including ARC fault detection devices.
- Introduction to the importance of Switchgear assemblies and control panel selection
- How the Short circuit fault level can change the Switchgear in size even on a small design current
- The selection of protective device and how to set the protection LSI and G
- Basic motor protection and control advanced intelligent motor starters.
- The introduction of the first Tru one Automatic changeover switch ATS
- The Introduction of Arc detection devices
- An overview and introduction to the IEC61439 standard.
Paul Hyland is an Electrician with 35 years' experience in Switchgear manufacturing and design. Dublin Institute of Technology (Kevin Street / City & Guilds), Electrical service and Design Engineer degree (DT078- DT083) DIT Kevin ST & Electrical Energy management degree (DT018) hons DIT Kevin St.
Assessment & certification
Those who attend this course will receive a certificate of attendance from ABB proving that they have undertaken the CPD training.
Who should attend
Electrical engineers and people involved in the design & specification of industrial, commercial and residential buildings.