CPD Credit: 7 hours, C1
The aim of this course is to give graduate engineers and new entrants to M&E / building services consultancy a good understanding of the role of the M&E Consultant on a typical construction project from initial client enquiry through to the final handover of the project.
The course covers the role of the M&E Consultant on a typical building services / construction project. It gives an insight into the various project stages from initial scheme design to developed design, planning process, tender process, construction stage duties, handover etc. The course will consider the relationship between the M&E consultant and other project stakeholders including client other consultants and the contractor. It gives an insight into the principal standards and codes of practice applicable to M&E consultancy including an overview of the Building Regulations.
At the end of the course attendees will be able to discuss the role and duties of an M&E Consultant on a typical building services / construction project as outlined in the programme below.
- Fee proposals, Conditions of engagement
- Relationship between the M&E consultant and other stakeholders
- Project Stages
- Standards codes of practice applicable to M&E consultancy
- Types of Building
- Specialist consultancy services
- Essential requirements for M&E Consultant
- Overview of building electrical services
- Overview of building mechanical services
- Standards applicable to M&E consultancy
- Overview of the Building Regulations
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at graduate engineers and new entrants to mechanical and electrical (M&E) building services consultancy.
Brendan Dervan is a Chartered Engineer with over 40 years’ experience in all aspects of mechanical and electrical building services including design, installation, commissioning and maintenance. After completing an electrical apprenticeship in 1982 he went on to study electrical engineering in DIT.
He has worked in M&E consultancy at senior engineer / director level since 1990. In 1999 he started his own M&E consultancy, Dervan Engineering Consultants (DEC), which merged with Cundall in 2016. His Company provided M&E consultancy and project management services to a diverse range of clients in both the public and private sectors. In 2013, Brendan completed an MSc in Energy Management with TU Dublin. His thesis researched the improvement of energy efficiency in existing data centres.
- Jack Flanagan, Emcon: “Loved the course.”
- Sophie Vaughan, Arup: “I really enjoyed this course. The content was very high level. I will need to review it all in my own time. Great overview of fundamentals.”
- Rand Zayed, Arup: “Excellent presentation. Brendan did an amazing job. Very relevant and informative specially for engineers who are in their early stages of their career. Great job keeping the participants engaged through 7 hours. Overall, very satisfied.”
- "Very Good
- “Very clear and fundamental”
- “Beautifully simplified”
- “Brendan was very engaging”
- “It was well delivered. Very good presentation and delivery.”
- “Extremely useful course for those new to the industry or like myself looking to recap and get a broader understanding of M&E services. Brendan's delivery was really engaging with relevant examples from his own working experience.”
- “Overall great overview of the whole process and what it entails”
- “The content was extremely relevant, and I would suggest that anyone starting out should take this course.”
- “Very insightful and gave me a good basic understanding of an M&E consultancy”
Please contact the Team for further information on scheduled course dates and In-Company options. You can reach us by phone: 01 665 1305 or email email@example.com